• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Hey doug,

I think you might be able to help me out with this one or maybe MB.

I wanna know how to get in early to put bets on races. Can it only be done on Group 1 races???

The reason I ask is Nuclear Medicine is racing again this saturday in the Healy stakes and I wanted to get in early before it rained (which it now has) the reason for this is because he'll come in now that it's rained.

The only real source I could find for fixed price odds was tabonline.com.au and they didn't even have it up. They may have it tomorrow. But, I wanted to get in on monday.

Either of you or anyone else know of a place that provides odds for races about a week early??

P.S. - Nuclear medicine will give it a HUGE shake on saturday and the rain we've had today will only help his causes. I'll be loading up.

Sorry Nutz. The bookies normally only offer fixed odds on select Group 1s, like the Cups, big Miles, Derbys, Oaks, 10,000 etc. I don't know anyone who will risk a race a week out. They are too busy worrying about the races for the next 2 days to frame a market.

Good luck mate.

If you want to have a crack in the future let me know and Ill get in touch with my bookie. He's away until month end, otherwise i could have helped out this time.

The big fella did it again.

He is now to be spelled and will gear up for a crack at the melbourne carnival. Watch out for this bloke he could be anything. I've won alot of money on this fella and I hope it keeps coming.

I ended up getting him at $3.40.

Free week for me :)

Nutzcraw link said:
The big fella did it again.

He is now to be spelled and will gear up for a crack at the melbourne carnival. Watch out for this bloke he could be anything. I've won alot of money on this fella and I hope it keeps coming.

I ended up getting him at $3.40.

Free week for me :)

Sounds like you might have to get down here for it then.  Let me know if he is racing at Moonee Valley - I am within stumbling ditance. 

It is my dream to go to a Cox Plate day.

Cox Plate to me is the greatest race off the year (even more so when I had $100 on El Segundo last year and he won at $7)

You can have ya melb cups. Cox plate for me

Nutz the Cox Plate is the best race on the Australian racing calender, there is only one downside which I have been protesting for years.

It is held at Moonee Valley , which is the most pathetic excuse for a racecourse I have ever seen, and until the race is taken off the MVRC and given to the VRC and moved to Flemington, it will never be a world class race.

Sure it attracts a few internationals, but they are plodders at best. The track in unsuitable for a lot of horses who cant handle the Strath Ayr surface, its too small and favours on pacers.

Worst of all though, its crowd capacity is a joke, and it has the most outdated facilities. General admin tickets are $50, and unless you get there at 8am you have **** all chance of getting anywhere near the track and as the grass is flat and not sloped like flemington, if you are any further than 3 rows back you might as well watch it on TV.

The only way to go is to buy reserved seats @ $100 or so and sit on a bench in the 60 year old grandstand!!

nodd link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=177674.msg187585#msg187585 date=1214124499]
Did you get on nodd??

got on, but could only afford to have $50. We got the quinnella ten times for the syndicate.
[/quote]

Good stuff mate.

He shortened in quite alot. Rapid Jacko was always the danger but this bloke was at his peak.

I actually got screwed over with my bet. I had $100 on at $3.40 but only got $246.40 in the end because of deductions. I was filthy.

So, if nuke finishes second would they give me my coin back??? NO.

But, they'll quite happily take nearly $100 off me because a few horses got scratched.

Oh well. A win is a win.

clontaago link said:
Good luck mate.

If you want to have a crack in the future let me know and Ill get in touch with my bookie. He's away until month end, otherwise i could have helped out this time.

Hey clontaago, ask your bookie mate how much he'd offer for Nuke in the Salinger this far out...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8