Doomed , we are,doomed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With toddy toddling off to sit in the big office and run the NRL, the news is that Grant Mayer will run the doggies. This is the same Grant that won 15 premierships at Manly, gave birth to ghandi, instigated the tearing down of the Berlin wall, and changed the Mcdonalds menu to include healthy dinner options to bring health to the children.....if you listen to some posters. Now I must say Grant is a nice guy and certainly played his part very well and i have no intenetion to discredit him, but some posters did bang on about him way too much even if he did discover penicillan , abolish taxes and invent cookie dough . But if he takes over the dogs role and is the administrator, half back and masseur to the stars how will Manly ever win another comp

Chief executives don't win premierships jbb. To say we have board room issues is probably being kind and we continue to thrive on the field.

The Scumdogs apparently had the messiah in charge. But he ended just being a naughty little boy.

simon64 said:
Chief executives don't win premierships jbb. To say we have board room issues is probably being kind and we continue to thrive on the field.

The Scumdogs apparently had the messiah in charge. But he ended just being a naughty little boy.

Its sarcasm mate

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
jbb/james said:
simon64 said:

Its sarcasm mate

No, it's poor spelling. ;)

jbb/james said:
With toddy toddling off to sit in the big office and run the NRL, the news is that Grant Mayer will run the doggies. This is the same Grant that won 15 premierships at Manly, gave birth to ghandi, instigated the tearing down of the Berlin wall, and changed the Mcdonalds menu to include healthy dinner options to bring health to the children.....if you listen to some posters. Now I must say Grant is a nice guy and certainly played his part very well and i have no intenetion to discredit him, but some posters did bang on about him way too much even if he did discover penicillan , abolish taxes and invent cookie dough . But if he takes over the dogs role and is the administrator, half back and masseur to the stars how will Manly ever win another comp

I thought Phil Gould did all those things?

Grant is a top guy, I had a lot to do with him when he was at the Eagles, he used to ring me a lot (for a fans perspective).

I sent him a tweet this morning wishing him all the best, he's a real pro and will be good for that club.

Doesn't mean I have to like the club (and I told him that as well) but he's a good administrator, who has in recent times struggled to find a position as good as the one he had at Manly.

Correcting spellin' on the Internet is like stratenin' deck chairs on the Titanic, you surely have better things to do before you die.

I heard about his first proposal for the 2014 comp - handicapping - wooden spoon team starts the season with 16 points and Tony Williams is 14th man playing on field.

manlyfan76 said:
Correcting spellin' on the Internet is like stratenin' deck chairs on the Titanic, you surely have better things to do before you die.

Sure. I understand it's all too hard.

Frank said:
manlyfan76 said:

Harder would be to learn all the new spelling methods that are taking over, and understand them especially the abbreviations that are everywhere now.

Wasn't one of the reasons Grant left here because of clashes with Des and the board about the degree of control (or lack of) he was allowed to exert. Should be a happy reunion for him at Belmore.

jbb/james said:
simon64 said:

Its sarcasm, mate
Sar-chasm is the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit & a person not getting it.

Grant Mayer was the guy who gave Des everything he could possible give him within budget but also gave control of the footy club to run by himself.

Not sure about this one.

Also there are rumors Todd relationship with Hasler had become strained.

Makes no difference who goes there as its the Players who make or break a Club. I was amazed to hear that none of them were in their NRL side 5 years ago. Loyalty is meant to be a Dog trait :huh:

The disquiet between the core Players at the Dogs is not going to disappear until the main protagonists move on. Their Fans will not support a losing Team for long :cool:

The Son of Sam can scheme all he likes, but the Sloth et al are just turning up for pay day ;)

The WSW Soccer mob is only there because the team was winning.
GWS could have had the same inaugural year if their recruitment was for AFL and not to destabilise the NRL by buying a marqee Player in Folau.

So the NRL E-squared mission statement is premised on a misunderstanding that the Masses turn up no matter how their Team is travelling -to be entertained by other activities.:dodgy:

The only thing Fans want is a fair competition that is accessible and affordable to witness a great game of rugby league.
The rest is Marketing and not Football - and as witnessed by our 2013 Team Poster having Manly in blue colours, instead of the maroon and white, no understanding of generations of emotions invested in a particular Club:mad:

Its hilarious how the Media are lauding GreenTurd - wait till he gets offside with Hadley - The Sage:p

Many good times ahead for we Manly Fans :angel:

weev said:
I heard about his first proposal for the 2014 comp - handicapping - wooden spoon team starts the season with 16 points and Tony Williams is 14th man playing on field.

So they make Tony W play for the reigning premiers as a handicap?

But we don't want him back...

manlyfan76 said:
Frank said:
manlyfan76 said:

Harder would be to learn all the new spelling methods that are taking over, and understand them especially the abbreviations that are everywhere now.

lol

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6