Dolphins and Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I hope this doesn't happen, but if I was the Dolphins I would target one or two Manly players from below:

1. Garrick. Excellent winger/goal-kicker/part-time fullback ... at winger's pay rates. Ideal player for new franchise.

2. Lawton. Would provide much-needed depth in hooking role (arguably would start at Dolphins) and from Qld.

3. Sipley. Also under-rated and underpaid. Dolphins could do with a big bopper keen for extra game time.

4. Davey. Excellent depth player. From Qld. Quality on and off field.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if I was the Dolphins I would target one or two Manly players from below:

1. Garrick. Excellent winger/goal-kicker/part-time fullback ... at winger's pay rates. Ideal player for new franchise.

2. Lawton. Would provide much-needed depth in hooking role (arguably would start at Dolphins) and from Qld.

3. Sipley. Also under-rated and underpaid. Dolphins could do with a big bopper keen for extra game time.

hmm yeah ok ,,,,stop giving that old coote ideas

Only one of those are off contract and thats Davey.

Could be a good pickup for them but think they'll be looking elsewhere

LOL. Another crazy thread.

Considering all players mentioned are under contract till 2023 or 2024, not much hope the Dolphins are going to sign them for next year.
Davey is the only player not contracted for next year.

I’d be absolutely cut if Garrick ever left the club. Still only 24, already 7th in our all time points scoring list and is a top outside back who does a great job filling in at fullback on the very regular occasions he has to. Unfortunately I could see it being a possibility following the DCE extension but we should do everything in our power to keep him, he is everything this club is about

If our team performs down the stretch (which we absolutely could given the home games coming up), it'll place our players in a very favourable position around the league, and why not.

Play well, deserve the kudos and accolades.

Yea Garrick would be an obvious option but I'm confident Garrick is loyal to us. Even if he's offered fullback role and fullback money. He seems to be loving it here, playing his best footy and enjoying life in the Northern Beaches.

I think right now on the Phins radar for fullback would be:

• Walsh: I know he said he's committed to warriors a month ago but how many losses can he take there, is he really prepared for a long term move to NZ with his young family
  • Crichton: Penrith just re-signed young gun Turuva which could mean they're preparing for no Crichton or Staines
  • Staines: would be worst choice because he is an average winger and would be a below average fullback, seems more like a bulldogs signing IMO
  • Drinkwater: Cowboys have two headaches with accommodating two fullbacks, Phins should snatch one, both are quality
  • Hammer: this is the other one, QLD rep player

Yea Garrick would be an obvious option but I'm confident Garrick is loyal to us. Even if he's offered fullback role and fullback money. He seems to be loving it here, playing his best footy and enjoying life in the Northern Beaches.
Also much closer to his family in the Illawarra and/or South Coast.

On god's earth, why would you start a thread like this? You should be barred for a year. Even suggesting this is demented

I'm fairly certain Manly will keep all those players mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2