[Resurrected] No Dogs 10 year deal for Latrell (and contract dramas)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMO Latrell Mitchell is not a million dollar a season player not yet at least. Further I can't believe he turned his nose up at 800K a season which is premium money for a centre. I believe the kid is a real talent and one of the better centers in the game but his inconsistency reduces his value. Looks like he is receiving poor advice. He won't have the same success that he had at the roosters at a clubs like Canterbury. Sorry Skyhooks but "Ego" is a dirty word!

He's been disappointing for the latter part of the 2019 season, and may be believing his own publicity.
However, I'm sure if Easts want to retain him they will find a way. It won't be a case of money. They will only let him go if there are mitigating reasons for his form slump.

:confused:Knights would be ideal for him as he is always up in Taree with family.

Don't like the Media takedown though.

It's a professional sport and he has a right to maximize his contract.

Mundine's simple minded career advice is not helping the kid unless he is actively speaking to Clubs rather than being a mouthpiece feeding the Media @:cool:

Totally unbiased reporter questions player with luxury car: Drives off in new 80k mustang.
Latrell Mitchell, one of the league’s best players has decided to test himself on the open market after his current club, the Roosters, run by Ford car dealer and multi millionaire ‘Uncle’ Nick, pulled their offer in frustration.

“Players always sign what is put in front of them, usually thick, wadded brown paper bags, and we can’t understand why it’s any different in Latrell’s case,” an un-named source close to the Roosters said.

The next day a news article appeared questioning Latrell’s choice of luxury Mercedes car by a totally unbiased reporter who claims to ask the tough questions.

“What type of country are we becoming when a highly paid athlete goes out and legally buys themselves a high priced ticket item? It’s un-Australian!” Yelled the journalist who arrived at work in a shiny new $80,000 Ford Mustang.

“You have to question his commitment to the team if he wants to arrive at training in a car that tops the safety standards, has a high top speed, and a good reputation for reliability.”

When asked about his own choice of brand new car based on his salary, the reporter proudly said:
“It was a gift from Uncle Ni..” before stopping himself and stating: “What type of country are we becoming when people start questioning legitimate purchases by hard working journalists? It’s un-Australian!”

He then got into his Mustang, tore out of the car park and side-swiped a police car.

Reports today in QLD linking Latrell to the Cowboys on the money still being set aside for Valentine Holmes. More then just silly season talk but of limited interest to me regardless ..

Easts will win this power game over Mitchell, back to back premierships will ensure that if Mitchell leaves they will have room to re-enforce what they need to. I applaud their stance over this player and frankly something we should have done in 2015 when Foran and DCE played ducks and drakes with our club. No player is bigger than the club!!!

Easts will win this power game over Mitchell, back to back premierships will ensure that if Mitchell leaves they will have room to re-enforce what they need to. I applaud their stance over this player and frankly something we should have done in 2015 when Foran and DCE played ducks and drakes with our club. No player is bigger than the club!!!
Agree re Foz, but if we let DCE go it would have been catastrophic. His price tag is huge but that is only because of the importance of his position and the lack of talent in said position. Jake is more important to have on the field on any given day but there are far more players that can do 80% of what Jake does than can do 80% of what Chez does.

The Mitchell saga is interesting as he is no longer the clear cut best centre at the club.

If it was my club and my decision i'd be doing exactly what Uncle Nick has done, locked up Manu for 3 more years. He is the real deal.

Agree re Foz, but if we let DCE go it would have been catastrophic. His price tag is huge but that is only because of the importance of his position and the lack of talent in said position. Jake is more important to have on the field on any given day but there are far more players that can do 80% of what Jake does than can do 80% of what Chez does.

It wouldn't have been catastrophic at all. Don't be so dramatic! It couldn't have been worse than the Barrett era. It would have coincided with the lost years (2016-18) and we would have recovered and we would not have been stuck with the $1.3 million price tag...

Foran was the one who played ducks and drakes, not Cherry.

DCE was all set to sign a reported 3-4 year, $750k per year offer at the end of 2014 but the club pulled the offer because someone (one guess who.....) convinced them that Foran was the better option. DCE was allowed to shop around while the club concentrated on Foran. Problem was that by that stage Foran had already made up his mind that he was off to join Choc and Daddy Arthur at Doesn't-matta. The club realised it had made a mistake when Foran announced he was off to the Worms, by which time Cherry had already announced his signing with the Gold Coast. We'd suddenly lost both of our premiership winning, international halves in one foul swoop and the only way we could get one of them (DCE) back was to match the Titans $1m per year contract and then some.

Cherry never wanted to leave and said so a number of times. He only ended up signing with the Gold Coast because he was told that he was unwanted at Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4