[Resurrected] No Dogs 10 year deal for Latrell (and contract dramas)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's too immature for a deal like that. Being on that kind of coin will go to his head and his form will slump after his work ethic drops.

That said, I'm glad it's happening because it will force the roosters to have him on their books at a believable market value if they try to keep him.

Seriously if he turns down $1.1 million a season and then signs for $500,000-600,000 a season at the roosters, then the salary cap auditors need to turn that club inside out.
Doesnt Nick just pay the rest in the form of 'Brown paper Bags'

That's a crazy gamble for the Dogs. Basically hoping that it has the Ponga/SBW effect.
Meanwhile Kevin Walters says that other code has no chance of luring Kalyn Ponga away with filthy lucre, not while he can get a free maroon footy jersey....

"Walters, however, is adamant the challenge of State of Origin will be the ultimate antidote to any big-money offers from Rugby Australia and New Zealand Super Rugby franchises.

“Kalyn will not leave rugby league,” Walters said on Tuesday night.

“He’s a Queenslander through and through and he loves this Origin jumper.

“This Maroon jumper will keep Kalyn in the game.”

He's a funny one Latrell. I would definitely have picked him for NSW, and possibly my first player picked. But I would not want him at Manly.

I know there are a lot of comparisons to Inglis, and to me they are warranted.

On his day GI (and Latrell) was the most damaging centre in the game, for one-offs (Origin - ok 3 offs, and GF's) there's probably no centre you wanted more. And that's true for Latrell.

For a season.....nup. Latrell is a bit like Hayne, give you 5 outstanding games per season where he is easily the best player on the field, 5 where he goes ok, and another 14 (or so) where you checked to see whether or not he was on the field.

Compare that to Jamie Lyon. Week in and week out he performed. His worst performances were typical a 7 out of 10. But would also give you plenty of 8s and a few 9s.

Latrell/Hayne/GI will give you 10s. Then 1,1,1,4,1,1,10!!. Not worth the dent to the cap.

When you are coming dog last with only 2 players contracted beyond 2020 you need a big name signing to attract other names to the club .... but pretty certain Mitchell wouldn't be the one I would bet the house on deliverering ......

S.M.H
The rich list: big money contracts in the NRL

• Jason Taumalolo - $10 million over 10 years
  • Daly Cherry-Evans - $10 million over eight years
  • Ben Hunt - $6 million over five years
  • Sam Burgess - $1 million per season until 2023
  • Anthony Milford - $4 million over four years
ASHLEY Taylor will become the richest young half in the game after agreeing to a new $3.2 million three-year-deal with the Gold Coast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...t/news-story/1115d75dc54176420a7d21d481800cde

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7