Does Manly pack have enough Mongrel ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'judging on this season' surely you judge overall? I.e. this season Luke Brooks played more games than Luke Keary but Keary is no brainer to be the better player.
Like many, AFB was a favourite of mine and prior to this season I rated him as one of the best props in the game ... on this past season I don't think overall his performances with the Warriors were up to his previous standard but he was injured and overweight most of the year ... will he get back to his damaging best, the Warriors sure hope so, and I'd love to see it .... do we miss him? ... damn right we do

Last edited:
As far as an inspirational forward goes I think potentially Andrew Davey could be that type ... I really hope he bounces back from the cruel injury early in the season and plays to his ability and becomes that Ben Kennedy for us

'judging on this season' surely you judge overall? I.e. this season Luke Brooks played more games than Luke Keary but Keary is no brainer to be the better player.
If you read my original post on this, Mon 10pm MF, I referenced my comment on AFB for this season gone. Lets see how AFB goes in the opening games next season, and maybe we can comment on his "overall" status as a top 3 prop.

Our pack has size and ability but they lack true grit and toughness. They don't sting too often in defence and it is usually Jake that pulls off the occasional bell ringer. Our pack needs to become mean and nasty. They need to hunt in defence as a pack and hit really hard whenever possible. In attack they need to be bodies in motion and hitting the ball at 100 miles an hour not taking it to the defensive line from a standing start. The pack haven't been helped by the our lack of a attacking dummy half that has the ability to put defensive lines in two minds. The stock is there but they need to get into their heads and start putting metal filings on their cornflakes.

turbo played what 7 games in 2020 but if you asked everyone who are in the top 3-4 fullbacks in the comp, i'm certain he would still be in there

just because AFB missed 10 games doesnt mean he's not in the top 3. you don't have to play 24 games a season to qualify. If you look at his per-game impact i cannot even fathom how he isn't in the top 3

I don't see where he is lacking besides maybe a bit of intensity in defence. He is the ultimate alpha male, the best metre eater, quick on his feet, decent hands for a big man and most importantly he aims up to EVERY pack. Over the past few years I'm sure he would be top few in average running metres too.
Don't get me wrong MFE, I was his biggest fan back when he and Marty were tearing it up and at one stage was rated the no1 prop combo. When AFB left we (Manly fans) thought that the sky was going to fall, well, this didn't happen we coped, sure, we miss the impact that AFB brought. He's now in a team that's competitive but not consistent enough to challenge for a spot in the 8. A player like AFB is more noticeable in a top 8 team than were he is now, and to some extent this usually has an impact to how you perform on a regular basis.

Our pack has size and ability but they lack true grit and toughness. They don't sting too often in defence and it is usually Jake that pulls off the occasional bell ringer. Our pack needs to become mean and nasty. They need to hunt in defence as a pack and hit really hard whenever possible. In attack they need to be bodies in motion and hitting the ball at 100 miles an hour not taking it to the defensive line from a standing start. The pack haven't been helped by the our lack of a attacking dummy half that has the ability to put defensive lines in two minds. The stock is there but they need to get into their heads and start putting metal filings on their cornflakes.
They have done this in various lesser games, but I agree, not against the top 3 sides and this is where, as a pack you need to stamp your authority...

Maybe the Roosters would of got 4th if not for their injury list, but you only play what's in front of you and we did what we were supposed to and put the Roosters to the sword, after a heavy defeat by Melb. To say we wouldn't of even made the 8 is putting the team down J1, we were miles ahead of the Knights and the Titans, and we beat the Eels twice and one was a thumping win. And it was obvious we had the Roosters measure..if our forwards didn't dominate in these games, Tommy wouldn't of been able to do his stuff.
Having said we are miles ahead of the knights they did beat us....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6