Do we pass too early?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Thought I would throw this out there for the TCs and analysts on here.

It may be just me but we seem to consistently throw a pass too early in cross field attacks. No one goes to the line to put the defense in two minds and as a result we seem too easy to read. We are defintely not catching the opposition out with a wing attack as they follow us across field and round up the centres. If it does make the wing the only option is to go in-field or get bundled out. Taufua has the toe to get around anyone but it is not happening.

Thoughts?

Thought I would throw this out there for the TCs and analysts on here.

It may be just me but we seem to consistently throw a pass too early in cross field attacks. No one goes to the line to put the defense in two minds and as a result we seem too easy to read. We are defintely not catching the opposition out with a wing attack as they follow us across field and round up the centres. If it does make the wing the only option is to go in-field or get bundled out. Taufua has the toe to get around anyone but it is not happening.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the same for the last few weeks our passes may be early but I think it comes to is timing. Brett a few times tonight looked up and just offered the lazy pass because the other players mistimed their runs so what else to do but half shrug the shoulders and move the ball on?

My thoughts are the same for the last few weeks our passes may be early but I think it comes to is timing. Brett a few times tonight looked up and just offered the lazy pass because the other players mistimed their runs so what else to do but half shrug the shoulders and move the ball on?

They do seem to err on the side of throwing the pass early rather than late (most of the time), though I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing considering the quality of ball runners that we have out on the fringes. When you've got the kind of players who can make 10-15m out of nothing then it pays to just chuck the ball out & give them to work some magic in space if there's nothing else going on.

They do seem to err on the side of throwing the pass early rather than late (most of the time), though I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing considering the quality of ball runners that we have out on the fringes. When you've got the kind of players who can make 10-15m out of nothing then it pays to just chuck the ball out & give them to work some magic in space if there's nothing else going on.

I think it gives Lyon and Matai more space. It's an attacking read thing where at times you draw the defence before passing, or if there is space, you get it out there early before the defence slides across and let matai and Lyon do there thing. I thought 1 more pass to Taufua tonight may have resulted in a try or 2, one where Snake held on to it and one where matai held on to it that I remember off head.

I think it gives Lyon and Matai more space. It's an attacking read thing where at times you draw the defence before passing, or if there is space, you get it out there early before the defence slides across and let matai and Lyon do there thing. I thought 1 more pass to Taufua tonight may have resulted in a try or 2, one where Snake held on to it and one where matai held on to it that I remember off head.

On the Lyon thing DCE needs to stop the face ball to the outside of Glenn Stewart. Helen works bested playing a little before the line, so giving him a flat ball robs him of space and starves our right edge.

Id prefer to see an earlier ball to gifty 1.5m behind the d who can then give a flat ball to Lyons outside.

On the Lyon thing DCE needs to stop the face ball to the outside of Glenn Stewart. Helen works bested playing a little before the line, so giving him a flat ball robs him of space and starves our right edge.

Id prefer to see an earlier ball to gifty 1.5m behind the d who can then give a flat ball to Lyons outside.

Daniel said:

Keller, Reddy or Hunt?

Alot of our poor attack is purely timing but we don't seem to have the range of set plays we did in previous years and our points scored shows it. When we had bad games under Hasler it was our defense in the late part of games that let us down, our attack was always really good. This year its our attack that is lacking which puts more pressure on our defense.

Alot of our poor attack is purely timing but we don't seem to have the range of set plays we did in previous years and our points scored shows it. When we had bad games under Hasler it was our defense in the late part of games that let us down, our attack was always really good. This year its our attack that is lacking which puts more pressure on our defense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6