Do we need these borstards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This may be an unusual question to post on an Internet forum ... but do we need this? Telstra!!

3 times this year my home internet has gone down, usually for about a week.

You call...

[robot] how may I help you

Me: how about go **** yourself?

[robot] thank you, what is your date of birth?

Me: WTF are you going to bake me a cake for my birthday?

[robot] there is a 20 minute wait to speak to a Level 2 technician

Me: if your Level 2 technician is doing a no. 2 that’s fine but my ****ing internet has been down for a week, what are you doing about it?

[robot] there is a one hour wait to speak to a Level 2 technician because there are many complaints

Me: Why you little ...

Serious question: anyone here survive without a home internet connection? I did for several decades but yes it’s a new world order now...

Last edited:
LOL. Feel your pain brother. I've been in a 2 week circular argument with these morons from the call centre trying to resolve a technical issue with their modem. I kid you not that I have spent over 8 hours on the phone with them over that time trying to get a resolution. They are muppets of the highest order who cannot do anything other than read from a script. The actual real life Telstra technician came out when our service went down and explained to me what the issue was, which I understood fully, he also told me what their technical services team had to do to solve the issue. Do you think I could get them to understand ??, do you think I could talk to the same person more than once ?? do you think they ever rang back within 24 hours to update me like they promised ?? 16 days later the issue was finally solved. It's like a modern day version of Yes Minister, they are incompetent, unaccountable and so frustrating to deal with. Their answer to everything is that I can go to their 4G back up system while they sort out their "technical issues" - LOL, it pushes out about 1Mbps.

If there was another provider for cable broadband I'd be all over them.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8