Disgraceful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Over the past 2 seasons I've noticed myself falling out of love with this game. The rule changes introduced to speed up the game and turn it into a highlight reel aren't to my taste. BUT its the constant blatant inept (possibly corrupt) refereeing, consistently favouring certain clubs that has done it for me. I haven't watched a non-Manly game this year. I have even missed a game and portions of a few games this season, something unheard of in the past.

I think I watched almost every Manly game completely between 2003-2021, I could count the number of games I missed with my fingers. The NRL has turned into an "entertainment" product, no better than Wrestling rather than being a sport. I'm not the only one losing interest.

Over the past 2 seasons I've noticed myself falling out of love with this game. The rule changes introduced to speed up the game and turn it into a highlight reel aren't to my taste. BUT its the constant blatant inept (possibly corrupt) refereeing, consistently favouring certain clubs that has done it for me. I haven't watched a non-Manly game this year. I have even missed a game and portions of a few games this season, something unheard of in the past.

I think I watched almost every Manly game completely between 2003-2021, I could count the number of games I missed with my fingers. The NRL has turned into an "entertainment" product, no better than Wrestling rather than being a sport. I'm not the only one losing interest.
Great post @Tomay. Sadly a feeling many diehards have I think. I can cop a close loss and bad calls going against but last night and Friday for the knights were something else. It’s a rubbish product with clowns running and officiating the game.

B

Initial contact was below the shoulders. Slid up as perham was falling.. anyone can freeze frame a tackle to make it look high in those instances.
I agree but the refs/bunker are still penalising players for high hits even if initial contact was lower.The problem is that fans and media want consistency so to achieve that,the NRL made the rules black and white,but that doesn’t allow for extenuating circumstances or common sense,in this case Perham slipped and lowered his height quite considerably,a split second before Tuipulotu got there

I agree but the refs/bunker are still penalising players for high hits even if initial contact was lower.The problem is that fans and media want consistency so to achieve that,the NRL made the rules black and white,but that doesn’t allow for extenuating circumstances or common sense,in this case Perham slipped and lowered his height quite considerably,a split second before Tuipulotu got there
NRL is sarcastaball

Count me in as well.

Truly, I’m not far away from walking away

I personally can’t stand PVL

He should f¥ck right off & stay where he belongs! That smirk on his face at the press conference…..hopefully one day some one knocks it off his face…..useless pri<k!
We let him go for turbo. Jury is still out. We have no spoons but gutho actually plays. Idk

me too. so sick of the officials. been a manly fan since the 1960s and the game is rubbish now.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8