Disgraced former Wests Tigers player Tim Simona to request an end to his NRL ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good player on his day, and certainly wouldn't say no if you could be sure his head is in the right space.

Can't see the NRL letting him back in unless the Roosters, Broncos or Storm express an interest in his services.

Don't know much about this players ability . Any club that would be prepared to take disqualified players on would be taking a risk but on a minimum one year incentive contact they may turn into a good investment .

What do you think Manly speaking to Parramatta about Jennings? I think we need some experience out wide and he fits the bill.
If Parra pay half his wage in hope of releasing him we should pick up the phone!

He has a couple of seasons left in him. And is only 30 years old.

What do you think Manly speaking to Parramatta about Jennings? I think we need some experience out wide and he fits the bill.
If Parra pay half his wage in hope of releasing him we should pick up the phone!

He has a couple of seasons left in him. And is only 30 years old.
Jennings looked disinterested at Parra last year . It could be that his teams pathetic wooden spoon mediocre 2018 season took its toll on him
He is reported to be on 800 grand a season . If Parra pay 600 then maybe .

No way.

The man has no integrity. Uses a charity for his own benefit. Absolute scum bag. Bets against his own team.

Every time he misses a tackle or let’s in a try there will be doubt.

No way.

The man has no integrity. Uses a charity for his own benefit. Absolute scum bag. Bets against his own team.

Every time he misses a tackle or let’s in a try there will be doubt.

This is a tough one, TBH, because unlike guys who beat their wives/girlfriends, for example, the NRL environment has a lot to answer for in terms of players developing gambling problems. You take young guys who are often not very bright to begin with, are under-educated to boot, and put them into an environment where they’ve got way more cash than they’ve ever had before, and gambling is not just tolerated, it’s celebrated - what do you think is going to happen? Some are going to develop problems with it, that’s for sure. When you’ve even got commentators (Rabs and Sterlo the worst offenders, and both with admitted histories of problem gambling) spending half the broadcast chatting about which horses they’re going to chuck money away on the next day - you’ve got an endemic issue on your hands.

Plenty of previously/otherwise decent people end up doing scummy things to feed gambling (and drug) addictions, so there are some mitigating circumstances there. If the guy has actually been working his arse off to get his life back on track, and hasn’t had any slip-ups or relapses in the intervening couple of years, maybe he has earned a second chance. Certainly more so than the serial wife beaters, or the drink-driver plus cheater plus wife-beater who keeps getting off scot-free every time...

Hasnt Gus the Golden Goose Gould already got him in his sights to go to Penriff, I am sure he sounded him out a while ago. What Gus wants Gus gets

This is a tough one, TBH, because unlike guys who beat their wives/girlfriends, for example, the NRL environment has a lot to answer for in terms of players developing gambling problems. You take young guys who are often not very bright to begin with, are under-educated to boot, and put them into an environment where they’ve got way more cash than they’ve ever had before, and gambling is not just tolerated, it’s celebrated - what do you think is going to happen? Some are going to develop problems with it, that’s for sure. When you’ve even got commentators (Rabs and Sterlo the worst offenders, and both with admitted histories of problem gambling) spending half the broadcast chatting about which horses they’re going to chuck money away on the next day - you’ve got an endemic issue on your hands.

Plenty of previously/otherwise decent people end up doing scummy things to feed gambling (and drug) addictions, so there are some mitigating circumstances there. If the guy has actually been working his arse off to get his life back on track, and hasn’t had any slip-ups or relapses in the intervening couple of years, maybe he has earned a second chance. Certainly more so than the serial wife beaters, or the drink-driver plus cheater plus wife-beater who keeps getting off scot-free every time...
His record with women is pretty poor Yok.

His record with women is pretty poor Yok.

Yeah, I recall there were issues with his girlfriend at the time as well. But the deregistration was due to the fraud/theft stemming from his gambling issues - I just find it a bit wrong that the punishments are more severe for something that the NRL/footy culture contributes to (and have we learned nothing from where Ryan Tandy ended up?!); stuff that’s entirely down to flaws in the player’s character or attitude (violence, drink-driving etc), you get a million chances for?!

There’s so many dickheads in the game today and I think most clubs have them but gee he would have to have grown up a fair bit to be considered and TBH I doubt Greenslime and crew would even register him.

Great player. Even Greater **** wit. I'll leave this one up to DES and the team.
Would be a good signing.. only problem would be if a club could trust him. In my opinion what he done is far worse than most and would leave a bigger question mark over him for clubs than any off field discretions would

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6