Discrimination against the Stewart brothers prior to joining Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake&TurboTomofBrookie

Reserve Grader
I just recently heard that before Glen and Brett Stewart joined the Manly Sea Eagles, the Dragons wanted Glen in their pack but they wanted no part of Brett because he's a diabetic. He has to give himself insulin shots everyday. They (the Dragons) probably thought he was going to be sick all the time. And it wasn't just the Dragons that didn't want Brett, it was a few other clubs as well that didn't want him. But Glen told them that he wasn't going to join the other clubs if his little brother wasn't going to be with him. Bet now the other clubs are kicking themselves after witnessing the way Brett has been playing for Manly lately.

Other way around mate, Clubs wanted Brett badly but no one wanted Glenn, i believe only manly and the roosters were interested in both.

Brett wouldn't go anywhere without Glenn hence the nickname "Gift" as he was a gift a fringe player at best was part of the Snake package deal.

I think you'll find you heard wrong. St George were apparently interested in Brett but not Glen.

Roosters were the ones who told them to see Manly. They told Brett he probably wouldn't get the fullback job with Mini there.

Jonesy's right about the Dragons...............fools

dad Barry told Illawarra that brett was still too young, i want his older brother with him too, they said nah we just want brett he said nah you get neither..

I dnt understand how this is new news???? its fukn ancient 2004 lol.. It could even be 2003..

Mybludog said:
Roosters were the ones who told them to see Manly. They told Brett he probably wouldn't get the fullback job with Mini there.

Jonesy's right about the Dragons...............fools

Were you at the Grand Final on Sunday? I saw a sign being held up in the crowd that read the words: My Garden Shed. I recognized the words to your signature from on this forum.

wow thats a great story i had no idea
that must feel so loyal to manly for taking both of them if it was so important to them to stick together
i hope they do anyway

angryassdrummer said:
wow thats a great story i had no idea
that must feel so loyal to manly for taking both of them if it was so important to them to stick together
i hope they do anyway

I had no idea either although, now that I think of it, Brett did start playing for Manly a couple of months before Glen did or was it a couple of rounds.

Jonesyv2 said:
Other way around mate, Clubs wanted Brett badly but no one wanted Glenn, i believe only manly and the roosters were interested in both.

Brett wouldn't go anywhere without Glenn hence the nickname "Gift" as he was a gift a fringe player at best was part of the Snake package deal.

Thanks. You learn something new every day!

That is certainly my understanding of how 'Gift' got his nickname.

More on the Stewart Brothers being signed:
http://www.silvertails.net/news/5924-where-eagles-dare-two-for-one-deal-dragons-didnt-see

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6