Disappointing season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Look, Manly has struggled through the whole of the season in less than scintillating form.

With one game to go we can at best finish 1st. Alarmingly, we will drop as far down the ladder as 2nd if we lose in round 26.

Clearly this is a disappointing season. No wonder we have thread titles such as "Pathetic" and "Something is Rotten in the state of Brookvale" up on the forum at present.

Yes @Shoe1

I sometimes look down the ladder at all 15 other clubs, and think geez....Why don't I follow one of those instead.

Fair call. The fact is Manly is a very successful team, we have high standards and even though we are first on the ladder we are not playing great the past month. Most teams would kill just to be in the 8 but our goal is always much higher then that. :)

Shoe1 said:
Look, Manly has struggled through the whole of the season in less than scintillating form.

With one game to go we can at best finish 1st. Alarmingly, we will drop as far down the ladder as 2nd if we lose in round 26.

Clearly this is a disappointing season. No wonder we have thread titles such as "Pathetic" and "Something is Rotten in the state of Brookvale" up on the forum at present.

Touche

The best part is how we have played perfect football every game all year. Despite the pinkies incorrectly penalising us every game, and add in the fact that we haven't dropped a ball or made a crappy pass at any stage, and the haze of pure deserving conquest is obvious for every true believer. I've written to the NRL to insist that we get given the 14 points we should have received as we didn't lose a game and there must be some mistake.

Imagine if we had not lost those storm games in the last minute... Err .. imagine if we hadn't won those 3 other games in the last minute..

To be fair it has been a mind-bending season to say the least, so I share some of the negativity..

ManlyBacker said:
I've written to the NRL to insist that we get given the 14 points we should have received as we didn't lose a game and there must be some mistake.

Did you ask for an investigation?

I agree a very disappointing season, we should have won the MP back in June.

Then we could have coasted for the second half of the year.

Yep, the worst thing is that only King and Gift look like leaving.

Surely Watmough, Foran, DCE, Snake and Matai will find other clubs, Grand Final week would be a good time for such announcements if we get that far.

Would be cheaper to support Raiders, I wouldn't get so excited over their games and want to travel to cold Canberra.

NYEagle said:
I think we should all just support the Raiders.

The only way is up for them.
Shows how bad we're going, the Raiders are actually on a longer winning streak than we are.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6