Digital Advertising on fields

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Morning sleepyheads,

This isn't really a rant...dunno what it is but I meant to post last week that watching one of the games on tv, there were NINE ads on the playing surface (digitally) plus the one sprayed on 'men of league round' nrl ad.

It made the field look pretty busy with 4 x holden, 3 x hankook tyres, and 2 x telstra digital pass ads!

Usually the screen goes from wide view into a close up on every tackle.

When the play goes close up, the ads disappear as they only appear on the wide angle shot.

Once I noticed it - it became a little baulking flashing between multi coloured surfaces then to green all the time.

It's a bit like @Dan 's observation about that ref that always screams moooooove at the completion of every damn tackle. - once you know about it, it sticks with you.

So I dunno...anyone else notice the 10+ ads on the field? Does it bug anyone? Anyone remember when the fields were just green grass? Or shall we all just moooooove along?

Haveagreatday.

The worst is at night games.

We were blinded at Brookie in the first round, when the contrast between the bright moving ads and the black night left us wondering where the Players got to :mad:

There was a thread on this at the time as it interfered with everyone's view from the western stand.

Its a sign of things unraveling for attendees at stadiums - time to retire I fear :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
The worst is at night games.

We were blinded at Brookie in the first round, when the contrast between the bright moving ads and the black night left us wondering where the Players got to :mad:

There was a thread on this at the time as it interfered with everyone's view from the western stand.

Its a sign of things unraveling for attendees at stadiums - time to retire I fear :dodgy:

That sounds pretty bad. Those ads don't interfere with the viewing on tv so much....it's the digitally added ones on the actual field I was referring to.

But you knew that....so forget this post.

What post?

Well done!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4