Digesting that Souths performance on Sat...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
I can't leave this one alone without saying what needs to be said....

How is it that we could be so hopelessly unmotivated in just round 3 of the season?
How is it that Barrett didn't scream for blood at HT and FT?
How is it that DCE could play an entire 80 mins like he absolutely couldn't care less?
How is it that one of our wingers Uate managed just 6 runs in the entire match when poor old Jorge made 18 runs?

That had to be the laziest most inept performance in years, no passion, no energy, no urgency, absolutely nothing.

But we have a coach who never drops anyone so it doesn't matter how bad/lazy you are.

There better be a 200% turnaround this week against a desperate Raiders team.

If we get pumped (i dont think it will happen) I cant wait to log in here.

The forum is so much better when we get beaten.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

I love watching Stuart cry when his "premiership capable team"/"we are building something very special here" gets beaten every other week.

If we get pumped (i dont think it will happen) I cant wait to log in here.

The forum is so much better when we get beaten.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

I love watching Stuart cry when his "premiership capable team"/"we are building something very special here" gets beaten every other week.

I think you’ll enjoy this weekend then as personally I think the Raiders will beat us.

And that will be nothing to do with today just pure desperation!!

Obviously the game plan was terrible for wet weather football.

The saviour against Canberra is no Hodgson.
The pommy dummy half is their heart beat and I recall as an example how they capitulated against Sharks in a final in 2016, after dominating before he went off.
Manly need the 2 points to shake all this off field BS and a pathetic performance last start....

The saviour against Canberra is no Hodgson.
The pommy dummy half is their heart beat and I recall as an example how they capitulated against Sharks in a final in 2016, after dominating before he went off.
Manly need the 2 points to shake all this off field BS and a pathetic performance last start....

Raiders have lost all three of their matches yet only have a points differential of -5.

This won't be an easy match, at all.

Raiders have lost all three of their matches yet only have a points differential of -5.

This won't be an easy match, at all.

To bring this salary cap kerfuffle, the pending loss of Lussick and and our next game against the Raiders together, Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo are off contract this year.... Manly shoulder sign one of the two.

I'm with @Shells Eagles on that one. I think we went into the game on too much of a high after how easily we beat doesn't-matta and with Souffs not yet having won a game I think we took them too lightly.

No Adam Reynolds, 1nglis not showing any form in his return, a one man (Sam) pack and a lot of press about how easy our 54-0 win was.....we took them too lightly and paid for it big time.

In a way it was almost like the 1995 GF against the Dogs. Eddie Ward's crap refereeing aside we simply didn't turn up that day. We had been dominant all year long including a 30-0 away win over the Dogs and the boys seemed to have the mentality that we only needed to show up and the Winfield Cup was ours. And like the Dogs did that day, Souffs turned up ready to play on Saturday while we didn't.

I put it down to one thing.
The same 17 from the Parramatta game absolutely rooted from that effort, and had empty tanks a week later.
I think we'll see a much improved effort this week, win lose or draw.

A lack of focus and professionalism. Something we have to overcome before this group gets close to winning a premiership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7