Did we miss Willow?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At this stage, I don't think we did.

Ballin plays more minutes, with him going into the back row while Heathy plays hooker. Plus we get more go-forward with Hall in the 17.

We did not appear to miss him, but we should know more in a few more games. 

Wheel do you also think Beaver has still played one season too many?  Give yourself a triple.

I haven't seen anything yet to suggest why this should be his last year.  He's going fantastic.

DSM5 link said:
I haven't seen anything yet to suggest why this should be his last year.  He's going fantastic.
I think friday nite was the first time this year hes played 80 minutes and it really showed just how well hes playing.

DSM5 link said:

I agree he's been playing very good i would like to see Beaver go around one more year in 09 ?. Just the thought of maybe not seeing Beaver on the field next year is hard to come to terms with.

I think we did miss Willo a bit at times in terms of his defence. Ballin had to stay on much longer (and played well) though we missed the creativity of L'Estrange at the end of the first half. Did you notice that whilst Heath was on Ballin played as a Second Rower? Des was obviously concerned to have strong ruck defence and whilst Willo does nothing in attack he certainly does a power of work in tackling everything that moves.

I'd have to say another resounding no after last nights performance. Barring injury, have we seen the last of the Photo Bearing Mullet for 2008 ?

Willo should not be seen in NRL again - although Bryant may prove me wrong thought he went well night.

I don't know if the scenario can really be as black and white as this, but we will go ok without him, and i don't think we lose a massive amount if he is there

An argument could be made last night that we were up 22-0 without Beaver coming on as well so he wasn't a big loss off the park either, but it ain't as simple as that

I am not comparing the 2 players, but rather the 2 situations

People say we win 2/2 comfortably, it shows that Williamson isn't missed at all

Using the same scenario, Menzies wasn't missed at all when he was on the bench last night either

I don't think the 2 are as black and white as can be made out

I won't be crying at all if Williamson is left out of the side when fit, but i won't be crying if he gets into the squad either

I agree Kiwi, it's difficult to say wether we would win better with Willo or not.  Our line defense lately is excellent with or without him.  He defends really well but his attack is limited.  Then again I think he's a very good utility player. All in all a very good situation to be in.  I must admit Bryant has stood up since the Parra match.  Competition for places is a healthy thing.     

2 years ago if we lost a 1st grader we struggled... it is too hard to say with the depth we had... last night we had menzies starting on the bench, and a good replacement in cuthbo starting. I like the depth we have and if that means willow gets a run on spot i don't mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8