Des's wheel of misfortune

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
A segment on nein news about Dessies new training tool (And no they haven't found a use for baz) but a wheel of misfortune.
Get something wrong and face the wrath.
Wash his car, buy him coffee, help out putting gear away etc etc.
These things are small but amount to much and show a confident coach and a playing group that are enjoying themselves even Reuben 'The outlaw' Garrick who'll be on car wash duty.
At the end of the segment showed Des is in deep discussion with Snake.
Love it

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1121337930088235008?s=19

Dessie
giphy.gif

Garrick on car wash duty? Remember the shallacking I copped for suggesting as great as he is, he had a clunker?

I was at Pius... never taught by Des.
Remember some kid donate a rubber strap to a teacher (his dad worked at some rubber factory).
I tasted that strap a few times...
One of my favorite memories was when the donor misbehaved & got to taste it too :rofl:

I'm not sure why more 'rat bags' don't wait until a few years after high school, go back and confront the teacher and ask them to have a go one on one now you're the same size. At least take a strap back and return the favour!

Thanks for that.

I wonder if it's a kind of 'light' way to improve general discipline? You've done something that we wont yell at you for, but now everyone has a laugh as you have to buy us coffee. Sounds like those 'sergeant of arms' fines people would get at Rotary meetings (and the like).

Anyway, good story. Reuben will find out that Des doesn't forget.

Garrick on car wash duty? Remember the shallacking I copped for suggesting as great as he is, he had a clunker?

If you had simply said he had a clunker, I doubt anyone would have blinked an eye.

What you did say, was that he cost us the game, which probably was the clincher for the reaction after an emotive finish to a tough game.

Anyway, I hope Des' car gets the full service.

I cant see too many top line coaches making players wash cars after a "clunker" on the weekend.

I would argue that any good coach will make players accountable for their own performances.

A great coach is able to do this by being tough when needed, but also empathetic when needed. In the past 20 years a coach also has the role of taking the media spotlight off their players as needed. That in turn helps to create a team culture that sustains itself.

There are a few coaches who simply seem to flog and drive their players into the ground to get results. Doing this by itself will work for a while, but will eventually cause players to lose confidence/motivation and clock off.

This is probably why there are only a handful of top-line coaches, it is a delicate balance.

A segment on nein news about Dessies new training tool (And no they haven't found a use for baz) but a wheel of misfortune.
Get something wrong and face the wrath.
Wash his car, buy him coffee, help out putting gear away etc etc.
These things are small but amount to much and show a confident coach and a playing group that are enjoying themselves even Reuben 'The outlaw' Garrick who'll be on car wash duty.
At the end of the segment showed Des is deep discussion with Snake.
Love it
Was that really Snake at the end of the clip? Doesn't look anything like him unless he's put on weight and now has a full black beard.

upload_2019-4-26_16-29-11.png

Was that really Snake at the end of the clip? Doesn't look anything like him unless he's put on weight and now has a full black beard.

View attachment 11269
Lol
Yeah just looked at it again.
You might be on to something.
But c'mon guys it was posted at the end of a few Anzac day ales and could've been Kylie Minogue to me.
And I might still be right.
His name might be snake...

Twas well deserved your shallacking ;) you cant blame a winger for a loss unless its taufua. 2 plays cost us in the end
Api running out of dummy half on the last then dce doing what he could with a poor grubber or whatever it was on our 30
And taupau in there 20 instead of running straight and hard he ran sideways then threw a ball that went to ground. Next play gojetski did the same and lost it, we never recovered from these. The parker bs going to video ref call didnt help either

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6