Desmond on the outer with the mutts in the Kennel.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So I refuse to pay for the daily astonished online and usually any news about Manly from them I can find here after a while - but I saw a headline about Terry Lamb saying Des doesn't get the Bulldogs culture yada yada....

So I looked at the Kennel to see if I could find it there. The members are rabid.

A lot of the complaints will seem familia to some of us here-

T Rex and his lack of effort.

Des only playing one bench player for five minutes at the end of a game.

Des never changing the line up or dropping players.

Public holiday here so I had a bit of time for a look and will admit I found it amusing.

He'll come back to MWSE someday. Its just a question of when. I guess after he has done a couple more years over there. Barrett will be well aware that it is a results driven business, and there will ALREADY have been conversations between BOZO, Penn and De$.

I just thought it was an interesting contrast to the climate of this site, most here are being pretty accomodating and understanding with Baz and he replaced a club legend.

Time will tell though.

Just another one of my random thoughts. I don't bet on football, so whilst I am emotionally invested in Manly's results, I am not financially invested.

Observing the proliferation of betting sites and ads, I can only surmise that the number of people that do bet is on the increase.

Is it the loss of a few quid that increases the amount of critisism leveled at coaches and players?

Hasler left here and went to a new club with a bunch of underachieving players and took them to a GF in year one. He took them to another GF in year 3 and has played Finals footy every season since going there. Compare their roster to ours and ask would you swap -
DCE for MBye
Parcel for Lichaa
Matai for Kerrod Holland
Killer for Josh Morris
Tom Turbo for Curtis Rona
Jake Turbo for Greg Eastwood
Snake for Will Hopoate
Dylan Walker for Josh Reynolds
Brenton Lawrence for T-Rex

I said no to all of the above, which means of the 17 players in the teams I think more than half of ours (9 in Total) are better than theirs. The difference between the two teams is the coach.

He'll come back to MWSE someday. Its just a question of when. I guess after he has done a couple more years over there. Barrett will be well aware that it is a results driven business, and there will ALREADY have been conversations between BOZO, Penn and De$.
Further to this, there is already a widely known 'truce' between the two clubs (negotiated by Des and Bozo) NOT to poach the players of the other team. To my knowledge the truce is still in force.

On the other hand . . .
All Manly premierships have been won under a coach who has played for Manly so, presumably, there is a club culture that outsiders may not understand or appreciate.
Regarding the Dogs' Kultya: Generally speaking they were a club with strong depth traditionally, and used a lot of juniors in their grade sides. Despicable and Cleal seem to have adopted the Manly philosophy "If he's a local he's never as good as an import", and the Dogs' now have few few locals in their top team (one I believe, but I stand to be corrected).
So, I get what Lambrain is trying to enunciate.

Des' record was a product of time and back ended contracts that unfortunately blew up for Tooves.

Baz gets a clean slate with a better financially managed roster (DCE arguable, the rest hopefully). He'll most likely have similar talent from within but as someone else mentioned on another thread - Des took Manly to the mighty position of 13th in year one. It was a slow burn till they hit their straps. All the results driven business crap people on here like to mention non stop - would you have sacked Des for that..?

So really the question is who on the forum is going to give Barrett 3 odd years..? In the era of the internet hot take? Or did I just answer my own question?

Des on the outer with the mutts in the kennel.....well knock me over with a Sea Eagles feather lol. That mob would boo Santa Claus because he wears red and white.

Barrett has a much stronger roster this year than what Des had in his first year. He has a much better roster than what Tooves last year, but the results are similar.

We finished 13th in Des' first year as coach.....and to be fair we've been hit by mass injuries again like last year.

While I have been critical of Trents preparation I have admired his ability to recognise mistakes (Green for eg).

Yes he is learning on the job, but I'm behind him to bring our team back to relevance in the coming months.

No Des comeback this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6