Des-Penn-Buzz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nordburg

Bencher
For those on ST’s that get upset,paranoid or think the media/the world is against Manly,strap yourself in because it may get a bit bumpy this week.I don’t understand why Penn has gone to the media before informing members about the new CEO or why he has made the comments re Des’ fine.Most fans would of been happy Des and Aloiai aired their grievances this week about the referee performance vs Parra.What motive would Penn have for going public with his disappointment with Des?Or is it just me being paranoid?

For those on ST’s that get upset,paranoid or think the media/the world is against Manly,strap yourself in because it may get a bit bumpy this week.I don’t understand why Penn has gone to the media before informing members about the new CEO or why he has made the comments re Des’ fine.Most fans would of been happy Des and Aloiai aired their grievances this week about the referee performance vs Parra.What motive would Penn have for going public with his disappointment with Des?Or is it just me being paranoid?
Any chance you could link the article?

Because the Penns are massive knobs who's only interest is themselves. What fu*kwit owner neglects to inform the members first or publicly berates his coach. Fu*k me this club has gone to hell in a handbasket. Owned by a bunch of twats.

NRL 2022: Manly issue final warning to Des Hasler over ref criticism​

Manly coach Des Hasler copped yet another fine from the NRL this week and club chairman Scott Penn has put his foot down.

Manly has warned veteran coach Des Hasler about any future criticism of referees in the wake of his $25,000 fine from the NRL.
It is the fifth time Hasler has been fined for criticising match officials since 2007.
Manly chairman Scott Penn spoke to Hasler about the situation on Friday.

“It was heat of the moment and super disappointing to lose like we did,” Penn said.

“But you can’t bag the refs and we all know that.

“I’ve spoken to Des and he understands. It’s the final time we want to be having this conversation.

“You’ve got to bite your tongue. Deal with it in-house and then internally with the NRL.”

Penn admits that his club overstepped the mark.

They were smashed 9-2 in the penalties and didn’t get a set restart.

“What Des said was overstepping a little bit,” Penn said.

“If it had stopped there, we may have got a slap on the wrist but then Josh (Aloiai) spoke at training and took it to the next level.

“I appreciate the passion but we can’t say those things in the media.

“We’ve got to prosecute our case behind closed doors with the NRL.

“We’re not proud of it and it’s not appropriate to bag referees publicly. The game has to protect its officials.

A storm in a tea cup. An expensive tea cup for Des I guess. Making an example of this to stamp out further criticism. The recent acts of valandy and now Penn are purely performative.

NRL 2022: Manly issue final warning to Des Hasler over ref criticism​

Manly coach Des Hasler copped yet another fine from the NRL this week and club chairman Scott Penn has put his foot down.

Manly has warned veteran coach Des Hasler about any future criticism of referees in the wake of his $25,000 fine from the NRL.
It is the fifth time Hasler has been fined for criticising match officials since 2007.
Manly chairman Scott Penn spoke to Hasler about the situation on Friday.

“It was heat of the moment and super disappointing to lose like we did,” Penn said.

“But you can’t bag the refs and we all know that.

“I’ve spoken to Des and he understands. It’s the final time we want to be having this conversation.

“You’ve got to bite your tongue. Deal with it in-house and then internally with the NRL.”

Penn admits that his club overstepped the mark.

They were smashed 9-2 in the penalties and didn’t get a set restart.

“What Des said was overstepping a little bit,” Penn said.

“If it had stopped there, we may have got a slap on the wrist but then Josh (Aloiai) spoke at training and took it to the next level.

“I appreciate the passion but we can’t say those things in the media.

“We’ve got to prosecute our case behind closed doors with the NRL.

“We’re not proud of it and it’s not appropriate to bag referees publicly. The game has to protect its officials.
Wow!! How many times does he mention keeping it in house and then blabs like a drunk to the drunk? He is not, in any way, supporting the coaching team and playing group.

The comments from Penn are what most, if not all owners would say in the say in free by of the media.

I’m sure behind closed doors he would be just as filthy as Des about the standard of referring in that game. But as a prominent business man and a pretty handy one he takes the high ground.

This is classic CEO, director, chairman talk. What they say in public is never what they would say in a boardroom.

The comments from Penn are what most, if not all owners would say in the say in free by of the media.

I’m sure behind closed doors he would be just as filthy as Des about the standard of referring in that game. But as a prominent business man and a pretty handy one he takes the high ground.

This is classic CEO, director, chairman talk. What they say in public is never what they would say in a boardroom.
Also makes us look like perennial "bend us over" lapdogs. Where is this clubs' balls? Can you imagine Politis coming out and saying that drivel? I dunno, maybe I'm over-reacting, but it didn't gel right with me on top of months without critical key positions in this club. Fancy being silent in filling a key position in our club for weeks, but then coming out to criticise what your coach has said, which every fan agrees with and wanted to hear. In fact, many were peeved he didn't go harder. But hey, what does fan sentiment mean these days, eh!

I think it's a kick in the guts of members for Penn to go to the media first about the new CEO - shows how much we're valued...not. As for his public comments on Des and the fine, it does make one wonder his motive and what the club's coming to. You're not being paranoid and your reaction is perfectly valid.

Old jelly spine Penn talking through his hip pocket again. Fair dinkum what a joke this club has become. Could you imagine Arko ever telling Bozo to zip it after the cement truck comment. F**off Penn, sell to some owners with some balls.

He couldn't say anything else in all honesty, it'd be $50k if Penn backed up Des's comments.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6