Des is awesome

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Who thinks he should still coach in 2012. So he can shore up players movements for his new job?

Cleal has gone as well now, let's wish him best of luck at the dogs as well.

byso said:
Who thinks he should still coach in 2012. So he can shore up players movements for his new job?

Cleal has gone as well now, let's wish him best of luck at the dogs as well.

No mate, I will wish him the worst of luck, why would I want to wish anyone associated with that club the best of luck, come on.

With all the talk about Cleal, let's not forget we poached him back to Manly from Parra with a number of players following him. Not superstars, but solid performers. We might lose one or two players to the Punchbowl Chihuahuas, but I don't think there is going to be an exodus of impressionable young men to Belmore.

The beach is much further away for starters.

Life goes on.

I wonder if the whinging about the board is a smoke screen.

Surely such a move would be planned by both for quite a while.

From my persepective, keeping in my I have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes, I find the both of them turning their back on the club and going to the bloody bulldogs unforgivable. I know our back office is no doubt the cause of this, however these two have had such a long association with the club surely it would be impossible to leave for another rival. I could never support another club.

I thank them for everything they have done, it can never be underestimated or forgotten. But at the end of the day Hasler always promoted an US vs THEM attitude, well now Hasler and Cleal have jumped out of our trenches and joined THEM. It is such a shame, because after all the great things they did for Manly, this is how they leave the club.

Say what you will about Zorba, at least when he got shafted by the club he stuck with us and fought to get back in some capacity (on the board). That is true loyalty.

My point is the board may of been an annoyance to des but decimating the club by taking away key players like crush with him is shocking.

Also I cannot see such a dicision being taken over a short period. I feel they probably simply wanted an out to a far more prosperous (financially strong) club. Using the board as a smokescreen to the fans to feel better to themselves and maybe an owner.

How can we seriously allow him to coach our club now. Who knows what damage can be done if players follow.

Let's rip the band aid off and let Tooves run the coaching, he's been assistant for many years so surely he has our best interests at heart.

Even if we have a couple of lean years of re building, so be it.

These are my perceptions only. If that's an issue with any of the key players. Maybe they should come clean to set things right.

We can not be expected to allow this to happen to our club, without supporter discussion.

Don't forget about the 'get-out clauses' that Des negotiated into certain players contracts. If he is sacked, they are automatically free to go. That's why those clauses were at the heart of the struggle. It's not about the board being anti-Des, it's about good governance and financial responsibility. I'm sick of reading the anti-Bob stuff. Those clauses in the contracts made it impossible to plan to and meet the cap. Cleal and Des can go to the dogs if that will make them happy. To a salary rorting club. Just see if they can insert those toxic clauses over there.

I dont care if bob Reilly pulled his overgrown hair, if Dave perry told him he needed a hair cut or if Mel gainsford told him he runs like snail. Because to be honest Des has acted like a spoilt brat and seems so self consumed he can't see hes this club more than the football club, delmege, penns and quatum combined.

*clean up time. MB*

Des hasler might be one of the best coaches in the game but he is also the most selfish sook.I won't be going to a game again while he's coach.

A challenge for Des could have been to build a dynasty or stand down and coach NSW to win again (there's a challenge) &/or Australia, do that and then come back to Manly for a few more titles

Don't say you'll never go to a game next season Cambo. I enjoy our conversations always. Support the club, not the coach. Manly forever.

DSM5 said:
Don't say you'll never go to a game next season Cambo. I enjoy our conversations always. Support the club, not the coach. Manly forever.
Love the players but while that self centered vindictive ### is coach I won't be there.

Mod note: cambo please keep it clean, similar threads have already been deleted a few times. Cheers byso

I think making Des the coaching assistant for next year is the way to go.
Then he can't jump ship and activate get out clauses, he can run the water whilst Tooves calls the shots...I'd actually enjoy seeing that happen.

Cambo's view is spot on, with the relentless, Chinese Water Torture way Des is stripping Manly's assets. IMO Des is trying to get released. It was only the threat of breach of Contract that has him still here.

The Board must stay resolute and withstand the weekly provocations. Once the Playing group is back, they will force the issue of his commitment to the B2B.

Kowingly harming Manly has destroyed Des's standing in my eyes. Despicable!

I cannot believe the ridiculous things people are saying, based on emotion.

I want Manly to win next year and I don't care who is the coach. My interest is on what is best long-term for the club.

Keeping Des keeps the team together next year and also gives a year for the structures to be put in place to manage the club post-Hasler.

Des is the consummate professional, is a man of integrity and win or lose, he will do his best for Manly. (Don't let supporter emotions convince you other - coaches and players don't share the same hatreds!!)

A thought - Des has played for the club, coached us to two premierships and is Maroon and White through and through. Same for Crusher.

Thanks boys. We know you aren't leaving for money or your love of the Dogs - it is obviously problems behind the scene somewhere.

A great legacy would be for you to help those with clout to point the finger at the cancers in the club so that it can be sorted out - and give Toovey a fresh start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4