The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before we throw mud we should take a good look at all of our selves
as we have all had our weak moments and those weak moments should not defy our overall strengths .
As Mitchell Moses would say ' yeah 100 percent..
But seriously well said couldn't agree more.

I accept there is baggage with Foz. The truth is, there were other players from that era who sulked their ways through games as well, who I was pissed with at the time and for a good period after. Only those on the inside will truly know what went on.

I make no secret I want Foz at Manly for the right price. I think he was a young bloke who had his whole world ripped from under his feet, whether by his own doing or otherwise, and he didn't know how to respond. He now demonstrates a maturity and determination that only comes from those tough times.

I also hold out hope that we will see Choc back in the fold in some way, some day. I am probably on my Pat Malone here. Very few players gave me as much joy to watch playing as he did.

As they say, "To err is human, to forgive divine." But I don't hold it against anyone who can't get passed that dark, dark era our Great Club endured.

I accept there is baggage with Foz. The truth is, there were other players from that era who sulked their ways through games as well, who I was pissed with at the time and for a good period after. Only those on the inside will truly know what went on.

I make no secret I want Foz at Manly for the right price. I think he was a young bloke who had his whole world ripped from under his feet, whether by his own doing or otherwise, and he didn't know how to respond. He now demonstrates a maturity and determination that only comes from those tough times.

I also hold out hope that we will see Choc back in the fold in some way, some day. I am probably on my Pat Malone here. Very few players gave me as much joy to watch playing as he did.

As they say, "To err is human, to forgive divine." But I don't hold it against anyone who can't get passed that dark, dark era our Great Club endured.

You’re not on your own with Watmough

The bloke will be struggling to walk in 10 years time, all through his efforts in our jersey, and as a bonus when we had squeezed all the juice out of him, he went and skinned Parra for $400,000 a game

Choc was a true warrior for this club. A local junior who played 278 first grade games for Manly, won 2 premierships and became a test and Origin representative. And those games were in the back row, one of the toughest positions on the field and he never took a backward step.

We'll never forget that. What we also won't forget is what came out of his mouth when he left. If any player had right at that time to take aim at the club or anyone in the club, it was Gifty. He however maintained a dignified silence and refused to bag Manly on his way out or since. Choc on the other hand.....

To err is human, to forgive divine. But never forget.

And TBH I have the same attitude towards Foran. I can forgive and if he got the chance to finish his career at Manly where it started then I'd be willing to give him a chance, so long as it was worth it. But I'll never forget the way things ended the first time around.

Last edited:
30 year old experienced half, that can organise a team, runs hard and has won a premiership. Sure, injured physically and emotionally, but that's why he'll only be getting $400-500K. Unless we've got a chance of signing a guaranteed superstar for 10 years for the same price, that can start in halves in 2021, I don't understand the negativity. Surely it's worth a gamble for 2 years given Cust and Schuster are likely locked in for the same period already.

NRL wont accept Manlys offer of $400k, would be deemd too low like Gifty's contract
Thankfully Greenc*&t is gone !!!!thank god !!
Hopefully Rugby Union picks him up and he can f%&k that game up too ,more than it already is if that's at all possible .So Without that bald headed piece of shyte getting in the way and putting a "Manly " tax/surcharge/manufactured complication/trumped up charge that contract should be waved straight thru I would think .I'm not 100% sold due to Forans injury history but if he could stay healthy and come without too much band aid and wire holding him together and the right attitude then there is plenty of upside

Whatmough was a courageous warrior for our cause for many years and was recognized by our football club in being made a life member.

I do understand that people get angry and leave clubs based on things that happen to work mates. Not only did he leave our club on a cloud he aided and abetted Foran going to whingermatta and only recently personally attacked DCE without any provocation.

Choc has many bridges to mend before he will be welcome back into the fold!

I am a big fan given the price and our situation.

6, 7 & 9 we need backups which we have.
6 - Foran, backup Walker, Cust
7 - DCE, backup Cust, Metcalf, Walker,
9 - Cust, then Fainu if he gets back. If not, sign someone like Tom Starling for backup.

Would be very happy with that. Walker has been great at 6 this year IMO but would be good to have him at 3 so we actually can have some strike power out wide in a pairing with Suli.

Now just need a strong pairing of fullbacks with Tom. Bring home Peta Hiku (as I've said a few times).

2021 Top 4 Side:
1. Trbo 2. Hiku 3. Walker 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. Cherry-Evans 9. Cust 14. Starling / Schuster
Hoppa, Harper, Metcalf, B Trbo, Funa waiting in the wings. Fainu if he comes back goes striaght to 9 and Cust to bench. Keep Taufua if his contract gets subsidised for 1-club Veterans contract by NRL.
Give Croker back to Canberra if possible... probably isn't.

What we also won't forget is what came out of his mouth when he left. If any player had right at that time to take aim at the club or anyone in the club, it was Gifty. He however maintained a dignified silence and refused to bag Manly on his way out or since. Choc on the other hand....
Gifty was class, I agree.

But I look at Watmough and think that people might have been a tad unreasonable to have expected him to give an eloquent and articulate response to what was clearly an emotional issue. Emotional maturity is not term one would associate with Choc at that time of his career.

Rightly or wrongly, many of those guys had the view that they sacrificed to build an empire, only for others to tear it down. It's no different to a lot of workplaces, it's just we like to believe in the romance of the Club coming before everything.

Whatmough was a courageous warrior for our cause for many years and was recognized by our football club in being made a life member.

I do understand that people get angry and leave clubs based on things that happen to work mates. Not only did he leave our club on a cloud he aided and abetted Foran going to whingermatta and only recently personally attacked DCE without any provocation.

Choc has many bridges to mend before he will be welcome back into the fold!
No doubt bridges need to be mended. I just reckon he needs to stand on the hill in a Manly jersey, can in one hand and cheer on the boys and most can move on.

Wise words indeed.

Good to see you've forgiven any off games DCE has had and Paseka for not ripping in like you'd prefer.

Good one! A+ to you.
Your a strange cat ill give you that. Foran was years ago. Dce is sucking in the here and now mate or are you still under the impression he's been good? Good to see your minion Woodsie giving you a lol :) every time you write to me its an insult. Soon as i seen your name pop up i said here we go another childish trolling attempt

Your a strange cat ill give you that. Foran was years ago. Dce is sucking in the here and now mate or are you still under the impression he's been good? Good to see your minion Woodsie giving you a lol :) every time you write to me its an insult. Soon as i seen your name pop up i said here we go another childish trolling attempt

Awww

Maybe I got it wrong.

Ah well hopefully @MissKate can find some forgiveness for my poor comprehension skills.

At least she probably wont go through a stack of old posts of mine to give them a disagree rating.

lol. Dear oh dear...such personal attacks. I'll turn the other cheek though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7