Denver Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
I'm all for growing the game, but this is getting more ridiculous by the day...
Firstly I find it ironic that the NRL's plan seems to be to get fans in the heartland of the very commercialized sporting franchise that it is trying to replicate in Australia. And at the same time that fans (and kids) are abandoning the sport in places like Western Sydney.
But now Toddy has effectively conceded that this test will put players at significant risk of injury:
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...al-injuries-on-the-table-20180228-h0wtl0.html
This is long over due, and its great news for clubs. But it's also a huge FU to players, who will be forced to put their own health and careers at risk. Funnily enough this is something the NFL has been doing with the majority of its players for years.

Extract from the article...

"That's a good thing. If those players potentially played at another club you would expect those agreements to continue.“

Hmmmm, like the TPA involving Moylan/Maloney/Penrith.

The game needs to grow internationally and this is a step in the right direction. It's a great opportunity for the NRL to go to the USA and show them this great game we love. There's no better time with Toronto Wolfpack playing in the English competition and New York looking at starting something too. Injuries are part and parcel of any sport and with the right planning (by the NRL, coaches, medical staff), the players could fly to the USA and back again mid-season.

And it's great that the NRL are now looking at giving clubs salary cap relief if a player gets injured in internationals. This will reduce the chance of clubs refusing to release players.

I think it would make sense IF the NRL would do the right thing and stop the local competition during Origin and test periods. To still expect players to have such short turnarounds (and in a contact sport) is asking for trouble.

The Denver test will be played on a standalone weekend between NZ and England and the same weekend the State of Origin will be on so there should not be any problems with players backing up the next weekend (as long as the NRL gives them enough recovery time until the next NRL game). The only issue will be the long air travel and time zone change.

IMG_20180617_183433.jpg

Did AFB withdraw or was he just not selected?

Outrageous if he missed out to someone like JWH

England (squad): John Bateman, Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess, Jake Connor, James Graham, Ryan Hall, Chris Hill, Jonny Lomax, Tommy Makinson, Jermaine McGillvary, Sean O’Loughlin, Mark Percival, Stefan Ratchford, James Roby, Scott Taylor, Luke Thompson, Gareth Widdop, George Williams, Elliott Whitehead

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7