Delmege to the rescue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
his heart is in the right spot but i question his timing of this, what message is it sending out to potential sponsors. Could it lessen our bargining power.

That said it is nice to know no matter what we will have a major sponsor in 2011

Here we go again - ego time.
Penn V Delmege - CEO caught in the middle.
Power struggles.
Happy days hey.

Cambo link said:
his heart is in the right spot but i question his timing of this, what message is it sending out to potential sponsors. Could it lessen our bargining power.

Do you say that because it makes us sound weak?
I thought the opposite when I read this actually. If potential sponsors know that if they don't offer a decent amount that we'll just take Max up on his offer, they are less likely to undercut us, aren't they?

I'm just happy that no matter what happens on the field or with potential sponsers, at least there is 1 guy that will put his hand up and help out if needed. That will keep me warm and fuzzy at night...

i also believe there should always be some advertising space at the ground for the use of
Delmege
Penn health
and Manly Leagues

if those blokes are paying the bills they deserve all the advertising they want.

'Delmege', they should build a monument to this guy.  Without him we wouldn't have a team.  Get real all you soft yankers. 

Would hope that there would be other people that would see the irony of Manly fans posting on a Sea Eagles supporters group site to be critical of a guy that is willing to again put his hand in his pocket to sponsor the club if it's needed?

I'd see that this would give the club huge bargaing power with other potential sponsors as it means it takes away the potential of having to sell the brand at a reduced rate just to get "any" cash?

Cambo - re your post on signage - interestingly every sign that is put up is subject to a DA to council as part of the terms of use of their facility!

Vids, you can still be critical of the guy, he has made mistakes but you have to give him credit that he puts his money where his mouth is, as do the Penns for that matter.

Both have added a lot to this club and all Manly supporters should be grateful.

vidmar link said:
Would hope that there would be other people that would see the irony of Manly fans posting on a Sea Eagles supporters group site to be critical of a guy that is willing to again put his hand in his pocket to sponsor the club if it's needed?

I'd see that this would give the club huge bargaing power with other potential sponsors as it means it takes away the potential of having to sell the brand at a reduced rate just to get \"any\" cash?

Cambo - re your post on signage - interestingly every sign that is put up is subject to a DA to council as part of the terms of use of their facility!
whose being critcal vid????
i wasnt thats for sure

I think you are being a bit sensitive bud

Fluffy link said:
Vids, you can still be critical of the guy, he has made mistakes but you have to give him credit that he puts his money where his mouth is, as do the Penns for that matter.

Both have added a lot to this club and all Manly supporters should be grateful.
great post Gav
there would be no manly, no 40 nil and no WCC with out firstly Max Delmege and then the Penn Family and Leagues Club

Settle Cambo - wasn't meaning you mate? - was referencing those that take any opportunity to push their own agenda by sniping at the Delmege family (or the Penn family for that matter)

Granted (as per Fluffy) there has been some reported behaviour/statements that have had me cringing but that aside I have a massive amount of respect for the contributions they have made to allow us to still have a club.

This news may also help allay the fears of those that the club would be without a sponsor for 2011 or that the end of the world was nigh...

Didn't notice some of the nay sayers referencing the fact that the Sea Eagles were not in the group of NRL clubs asking for an advance from the NRL?

I'd like to know how come those three clubs haven't been asked to shed players to make up their shortfall?  Why are they allowed to continue bludging on the NRL without penalty?  If they're broke, they should hand in their license and the license is offered to another entity or else someone else buy them out.  Do they ever repay?  Is the 'loan' taken off the top of the amount given to them by the NRL?  Why are the Titans allowed to make offers to Inglis way over, when they can't afford to pay their own staff?  Seems dodgy to me.   

Read to me as advances on their grant rather than a straight loan. So they'll just get less next grant payment time. Whether there are any interest calculations involved I don't know.

i was critcial off him  because  they aired their disputes in public & made the whole team unsettled as well as the club..

but i acknowledge what he has done  & am greatful  for that  but he kind of undone all his good work with the bickering  made public.. it should just stay in house i hope they have learnt their lesson..

he will always be remembered as the one who saved us  no one can take that away from him... in 50 yrs time he will be talked about  just like the legends who played for the club years before..

Max saved us and we are all grateful for that.

However, I have been critical of his role in the intervention into matters football, and certain staff have shared these concerns. If he stays a sponsor and owner, all good but it is when one gets confused with one's role or allows one's ego to interfere that there are problems. I am hopeful that a very suitable sponsor can be found and that Max can enjoy supporting his team as a part owner, allowing Des, Lowe and the staff to get on with their own jobs in peace. happiness and premiership success. :)

abnc link said:
I'm just happy that no matter what happens on the field or with potential sponsers, at least there is 1 guy that will put his hand up and help out if needed. That will keep me warm and fuzzy at night...
Seconded !

Canteen, if I had handed over 15 Million, I'd want a say in the affairs of my club.  Actually I'd want to lead them out onto the field every game day as well.  Those clubs going broke should be forced to shed players instead of getting loans on the never never.  Sharks to Adelaide.

Max Delmage ,while i am disapointed his silly fighting with his ally in Penn in rebuilding our wonderful club i cant hate the guy,even if it costed us our good ceo

if max delmege is into constructions ..why doesnt he just construct us a nice grandsatnd fix our ground up..  im sure other fans would volunteer  in building  brookie  & re shaping it  into the best ground in the nrl.. i for 1 can dontate 100hrs of my time if not more to help..let penn puts his hands in his pockets for the other stuff while max is rebuilding brookie i would love that..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4