Defamation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
If Stewart is cleared I bet there's many reporters looking through their notes and articles wondering if they have defamed Brett. I hope Brett can sue a heap of them.

They may be low life bottom feeders, but they know the letter of the law on that front, you can be sure of that. It's how they make their living, treading that fine line of defamation and creative "reporting".

there is also some protection under freedom of the press I believe

I didn't think we had any freedom of the press laws? I know journos have been jailed for contempt for not naming sources, and I thought the freedom of the press was just an US thing

Yeah, Derryn Hinch (the human headline) went to gaol for contempt over naming somebody on his radio show a few years back during a current court case (I think it was a paedophile or it's victim).

Its funny since Stewy looks like hes going to be cleared of sexual assault its been spun to a drinking thing.

Yet the NRL is full of Alcahol sponsors. why dont they set an example and cut those sponsors then? Yeah Right.

Brett will hopefully just go back to play footy and not worry about any defamation case - if he does it will result in the end of his career because the media run the game - just look at all the TV & radio personalities who say jump and Gallop jumps.

Look at Michael Crockett incident after he was acquitted - he doesn’t even have a club this year. Laffrancie got to play and still made the SOO side.

I don’t see it being a finished by the media at all and Brett will be hounded almost out of the game

My only question is what if it was the Broncos - would we have the same media attack - I dont think so

good point Rambo. Sydney club.. more media exposure. If it was in Melbourne you probably wouldnt even hear about it.

Rambo1987 link said:
Brett will hopefully just go back to play footy and not worry about any defamation case - if he does it will result in the end of his career because the media run the game - just look at all the TV & radio personalities who say jump and Gallop jumps.

Look at Michael Crockett incident after he was acquitted - he doesn’t even have a club this year. Laffrancie got to play and still made the SOO side.

I don’t see it being a finished by the media at all and Brett will be hounded almost out of the game

My only question is what if it was the Broncos - would we have the same media attack - I dont think so
You would have to go a long way to find a bad word written about the Broncos up here. It is a real media lovefest, but I guess they are using it to their advantage and good luck to them.

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=179579.msg211795#msg211795 date=1236857857]

You would have to go a long way to find a bad word written about the Broncos up here. It is a real media lovefest, but I guess they are using it to their advantage and good luck to them.
[/quote]

Remembering chatting to Ben Walker and storys of his Broncos days and that they didnt have to for beers anywhere in Brisbane - He was shocked he had to pay for his drinks down here at first

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6