Death of league players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
Being the anniversary of the death of Sonny Fai, it got me thinking that there has been a few who have passed away only recently. A few that come to mind recently is Jason Annear, the Cowboys hooker, the young Tigers prop, the dragons player only a month back. There was a young dragons player in the mid 80s who was killed in a car crash, I cannot remember his name. Ben Alexander is a while back as well but they are the only 2 I can remember from yesteryear.

James Mathews was the saints/steelers players name I think...

It's sad, the sonny fai one in particular.

joeboy said:
James Mathews was the saints/steelers players name I think...

It's sad, the sonny fai one in particular.

No, James Mathews was with the Roosters, Geoff Selby was the Dragons/Steeler who was killed just around the corner from where I lived in Woollooware

Off topic, I know, (sorry) but have a look at this list of soccer players that died .. playing a game, died directly from injuries sustained while playing, or died after being taken ill on the pitch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

If you're talking about players that died before their time, there's a few that comes to mind. Otherwise, the list would be HUGE, eg. Moose, Billy Lloyd, Max Whitehead, etc.

Manly Players that died too early (exclude already mentioned, Annear):

1. David Myers - Pommie winger that came to Manly in 1991. Died of heart attack in 2008.

2. HUGE Adrian Shelford - Played for Manly in 1990. Died of heart attack in 2003.

3. Lurch O'Neill - died of cancer in 1990. Aged 56.

4. Kenny Irvine - died of leukemia. Aged 50.

---------------------

Notable Non-Non Manly player (exclude those already mentioned):

1. Peter Jackson - some say suicide, because he was mentally affected by sexual abuse from a homo coach.

2. Ryan Tandy - O.D.

Off the top of my head, some other notable footballers who went too early;

Garry Dowling
George Ambrum
Allan McMahon
Steve Rogers
Paul Hayward
Robert Stone
Dallas Donnelly
George Piper
Henry Tatana

heaps more, but just working from (dodgy) memory.

Cowboys player Sam Faust died of cancer 2011 aged 27.

Sharks player Steve Anderson killed in a car crash in 1984 at just 22 years old.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7