DCE would have re-signed before Xmas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
An article in Rugby League Week says that DCE would have re-signed before Xmas until Manly supposedly changed the deal. As per his manager.

Here you go Guys
cherry.JPG

Far out Gavin orr is a twat. he is a disgusting leech of a person.

Just shut up Orr, you make your players look like money grabbers.

player mgr: We had a deal....a deal!!!! And we woulda signed this deal we agreed to!

joe kelly: I can't find any evidence of a deal having been offered. Can't find any paper that dce could even sign.

player mgr: oh ahhh well you know....just because there's no actual paper to sign, doesn't mean there wasn't a deal. Ya know ....nudge nudge wink wink area 51 say no more. dce woulda signed by waving his finger in the air and we all stick to air deal contracts.

@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:

Jeez his manager sounds like a legit piece of garbage. Like this is real car yard negotiating.

You want to be negotiating from some position of power but his technique is far from that - just undermining and throwing out comments that just come off as desperate. It sounds to me like Daly wants to resign at possibly a better deal than what Joe Kelly may have offered but Orr has no idea how to get that other than bluffing which doesn't seem to be working. It sounds like JK has called his bluff and now he's just throwing out any old line. Like Daly has no desire to play for the Titans (nor should he considering he's come up in our winning culture) but he could well end up there because his manager is a complete moron.

Re : Gavin Orr - this guy is extremely money and ego driven. I doubt he has DCE's future as his top priority all he is after is as much commission as he can get. I personally meet Mr Orr when we spoke about him Managing my son who at the time was a star soccer player and represented the Australian under 17 side. We left the meeting pretty disheartened as he seemed to have a attitude problem and basically wanted to show us who was boss in any future relationship ! We gave him the flick and ended up with someone else luckily. But I can tell you he is pretty ruthless and it doesn't surprise me these contract negotiations are taking so long ! I'm pretty sure he is dictating things and DCE would probably have little input at the moment which is a concern.

Bwhahahaha!!!! Orr came out of that looking very ordinary. Had a "99%" deal all but done, but didn't actually have a piece of paper to back it up. Then sat on it for a week until the club changes all but ended that (alleged) negotiation.

No doubt Kelly would have been all over the in-place negotiations and it is clear that Orr is talking out his arse on this one. Hasn't he been deregistered yet?

As I said the guy is money hungry and arrogant ! The difference between him managing Matai and DCE is that Matai has the strong character to tell him want he wants while DCE gives the impression he can be easily influenced . He certainly would not be going down the line of loyalty but more towards $$$$.

Getting impression that Qantum had verbally offered DCE a huge deal as they were prepared to cut loose Foz as part of the Gift,Choc unloading but when Penn took over they wanted to keep both which meant a greatly reduced offer for the 2 players. DCE and Foz need to know that their career has been and will be much better served if they are working together as a combination. DCE goes to Titans for a few extra dollars he will kiss his rep career goodbye.

DCE is carrying out due diligence before he signs his next long term contract. No news in that-some of you panic too much. I doubt he will leave, but really, his choice will be based on a professional aspect. I think he loves Manly-but after all the crap last year from Anthony, he was already testing the waters.

I'm starting to get the impression Joe Kelly doesn't mess around, and is not one to crumble at the venom of a player manager in these types of situations. I'm liking so far.
Which is funny because he learned his trade at Chelski where they just throw cash at guys till Roman says "enough"

One would think if Orr had a deal nearly done he would have had a copy of the agreement these contracts in todays game are more complex then the ol days ,when a lot of guys had a handshake deal . i for one wouldnt have any handshake deal with Orr. This guy seems to think oh well if you dont come to my terms ill just shop my player around , i wouldn't be surprised if DCE is oblivious to all that his manager does . but also one should think he should

Well contract law 101 says you are bound to a contract at the point the offer is accepted, so the fact DCE doesn't have a deal if an offer was on the table is because his manager is useless...

The only thing that stands in the way of DCE resigning with the club is his grub manager. DCE wants Manly and Manly want DCE but this nightmare of a manager is stuffing it all up!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4