DCE Too Agressive During Pay talks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is there a player left in the comp that would lose more than him wiith the proposed pay cuts ? Doubt it . That might be the reason ?

Go hard DCE. Dodgy nrl just trying to deflect attention away from the corruption revelations that wont go away. Just like they had some journo write a piece somewhere this week stating that some clubs have been mismanaged more than the dodgy nrl by having multiple ceo's. Well if the corrupt nrl weren't so autocratic, narcissistic (greengerbil mostly) and incompetent then there wouldnt be so much pressure on the clubs that are forced to compete and exist on an unfair playing field.

Is there a player left in the comp that would lose more than him wiith the proposed pay cuts ? Doubt it . That might be the reason ?
His stance wasn't about how much money he would lose, it was about the disgraceful administration by the governing body and why all the players should bear most of the future financial brunt of that.
I would imagine he has been pumped up to do so by his peers and is just showing leadership.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it buddy.

I love supporting Manly and have nearly smashed a lot of tvs over the years watching footy so im sometimes pretty passionate when it comes to to the Sea Eagles but cant help feel weve all been conned by the dodgy nrl and their unfair practices forcing clubs to have to streamline their operations and rely heavily on memberships and merchandise when all along they spend $181mil p/year on faaark knows what. Not only should the players be demanding to see the cooked books but us fans should also demand to have a say in how the moneys spent. Do the nrl even publish their yearly accounts like a publicly traded company. If not then they should. Afterall we are all shareholders in the game.

I love supporting Manly and have nearly smashed a lot of tvs over the years watching footy so im sometimes pretty passionate when it comes to to the Sea Eagles but cant help feel weve all been conned by the dodgy nrl and their unfair practices forcing clubs to have to streamline their operations and rely heavily on memberships and merchandise when all along they spend $181mil p/year on faaark knows what. Not only should the players be demanding to see the cooked books but us fans should also demand to have a say in how the moneys spent. Do the nrl even publish their yearly accounts like a publicly traded company. If not then they should. Afterall we are all shareholders in the game.

Quite literally ... what the living eff were they spending $500,000 per day on?

How many players shared their anger towards the NRL to DCE hoping he would be the player's leader in talks because he is on the committee?

I highly doubt the NRLPA censured DCE but were given an ultimatum by the NRL about his continued involvement in future talks. Very weak of the NRLPA and the players would be well p1ssed their spokesman was muted.

Last edited:
Quite literally ... what the living eff were they spending $500,000 per day on?

Ive been banging on about todd and his ivory back scratches for years.

And he flies first class to melbourne weekly to hang out with the storm, theres diamond rings, hall of fames, bunkers, review the reviewers, court cases against manly, private investigators looking into manly related stuff, court cases against players , some of them manly, checking manlys sponsors

And the changing of the rules seminars that occur yearly ,flying in the supercoaches to make it better for tv

RLPA had a good look through their ranks and made a good call in regards to which player should stick their neck out. Second place was a giraffe @:D

I thought it was illegal to spend member's super contributions? should not the police now become involved in the NRL superannuation fraud?

Mate, I agree with you 100% on your assessment of the NRL on wastage and incompetence ...

But the matter of the "missing" retirement fund money is a non event .... it has been well established that a total amount, .. (being about $5mil a year) ... had to be paid into the fund over the period of the broadcast deal .. there was no requirement to pay this money in yearly instalments ... the NRL would have been within their rights to pay the total lump sum on the last day ...

So, whilst the NRL hasn't done anything illegal .... it' smacks of poor house keeping and business practice ... a side effect of delaying yearly payments is also that the retirement fund does not get the benefit of any accrued interest in the monies ... poor show all round ..

PSS ... I suspect the decision to stop annual contributions was made about the time the banks told GreenTurd he was dreaming when he approached themfor a $30mil loan ... to tide them over ..

So NRL management failed to build contingencies in the event a crisis happened despite being advised to.

We are learning that they had essentially over spent to the point where things like the retirement fund is short on money.

The players are expected to wear a greater amount of pain due to mismanagement and DCE is supppse to shut his mouth.

If it true they didn't want him there cause of how vocal he is, the goes to show you how piss weak the NRL leadership team is.

Good on DCE to have the balls to call it out.

Mate, I agree with you 100% on your assessment of the NRL on wastage and incompetence ...

But the matter of the "missing" retirement fund money is a non event .... it has been well established that a total amount, .. (being about $5mil a year) ... had to be paid into the fund over the period of the broadcast deal .. there was no requirement to pay this money in yearly instalments ... the NRL would have been within their rights to pay the total lump sum on the last day ...

So, whilst the NRL hasn't done anything illegal .... it' smacks of poor house keeping and business practice ... a side effect of delaying yearly payments is also that the retirement fund does not get the benefit of any accrued interest in the monies ... poor show all round ..

PSS ... I suspect the decision to stop annual contributions was made about the time the banks told GreenTurd he was dreaming when he approached themfor a $30mil loan ... to tide them over ..
It’s not a Superannuation Fund as licensed by APRA so doesn’t fall into that legal category.

It sounds more like a trust fund to me

Weirdlerp has come out and explained his writing (as the wheel posted above)

But isn't it funny that:

Nelson Asofa-Solomona beats up some guy on a drunken party date in Bali - Is heralded a hero for sticking up for yer maaaate as it's orstray'an! Oi! - (Unlike NAS who is a kiwi).

~though he did cop a 3 game suspension~ cough, to rule him out of the kiwi v aust clash- cough cough rigged....

DCE attends a high powered business negotiation to achieve better financial results for all players, which he does and is called "too volatile" or even more disgustingly "only doing it so he gets more money".

fmd - a lot of people were applying for the position of village idiot when brains were being handed out around the corner (in Manly)

Just another excuse to bash DCE because of the money he's on. I've got no issue with anyone criticising him if he plays a dud game (I've done it myself plenty of times), but this is just ridiculous. And it always pains me when Danny Weidler is the unlikely voice of reason.

Ive been banging on about todd and his ivory back scratches for years.

And he flies first class to melbourne weekly to hang out with the storm, theres diamond rings, hall of fames, bunkers, review the reviewers, court cases against manly, private investigators looking into manly related stuff, court cases against players , some of them manly, checking manlys sponsors

And the changing of the rules seminars that occur yearly ,flying in the supercoaches to make it better for tv

You forgot the $1.5m spent on Scam and Thurston for testimonials that weren't offered to any other player. And that was just what they got. There was also the cost of staging the game.

I know that DCE and Beaver are pretty close and that Beaver has had a bit to do with the financial education of some of the players past and present. He offers talks with the players on financial intelligence and responsibility.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6