DCE Presser today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But the Team song is 'more beer' and Manly just keep belting it out each week - subliminals :D

I realise the irony of my comment haha, but feel like there was a divide with the team that might have involved alcohol, highlighted with Gladstone. The team harmony was shot after that and it showed in the way the team played.

If there is one thing Des knows how to do is create leaders within a team, look at the good years, Killer, Snake, Kite, Choc, Gifty, Brett, King, Matai, even Foran during those last couple of years showed huge lead by example qualities. Wishful thinking we'll ever get that back but between DCE, Jake, Tom, AFB/Marty the nucleus is there to re-build something special.

I think the old card nights with Beaver, Watmough, Matai and the Stewarts were a bonding session...they sure as hell played for each other.

I think the old card nights with Beaver, Watmough, Matai and the Stewarts were a bonding session...they sure as hell played for each other.

Playing for each other.....something we sure as hell weren't doing for most of last season.

Barrett definitely blurred the lines between being trying to be everyone's mate (except Hastings) and actually being the coach.

Cherry-Evans on his way to becoming Maroons captain
The Maroons look to replace the outgoing Greg Inglis.

Queensland players have supported the idea that Daly Cherry-Evans should become the new captain of the Maroons.

During a press conference on Monday, current Maroons coach Kevin Walters suggested Cherry-Evans will be one of the options to replace former Queensland captain Greg Inglis.

Inglis announced that he will be retiring from playing NRL football, earlier this week.

“Daly would be great,” Maroons winger Corey Oates told NRL Media.

“The last few years he has started to play some really good football and really consistent footy. A couple of other blokes in the team could be captain, and it’s up to the selectors, but I don’t think they’ll be picking the wrong bloke. Daly has to be a really good chance to get it.

“He was outstanding last year (in Origin III). He just showed what he can do. He’s one of those players who competes on everything. It’s been a good start for him this year and the captaincy would be a massive milestone for him. Daly is respected. He’s been there almost 10 years in the NRL, he has worked hard for his spot and he’s now there as our No.7.”

Maroons forward Jai Arrow was also in favour of the move to make Cherry-Evans captain. He was particularly impressed with the way the Manly skipper conducted himself in last year’s Origin series.
“I thought he really stood up in game three last year and showed what a quality player he is. He came in with a lot of pressure on his shoulders and did a great job … scored a try and led us around,” Arrow told NRL Media.

They can't possibly give DCE the capacity. The 'Legends' north of the border won't allow it surely.

Yes I'm looking at you Gordo.....

They can't possibly give DCE the capacity. The 'Legends' north of the border won't allow it surely.

Yes I'm looking at you Gordo.....
It would be soooooo good to watch both their heads explode >:)
giphy.gif

Though its a great honour for DCE if it comes about, I am not sure its a good move with all the white anteing he will cop from the Northern legends including the Gorden Termite.

He deserves to be included in thoughts for the captaincy, he has fought against a great deal of prejudice just to be in the side.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8