Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Resurrected] DCE... Myth or legend?

manly al

Premium Member
Apart from D C E" s top all round game last night , his alertness level seemed to really stand out and this is what is really needed every time he is expected and needs to lead the team around the park well . Thought that when he recovered from that kick charge down to race back and support Elliot in the later stages in particular was really important and indicative of his serious commitment level . His 2 nd clearance kick then denied the Eels some crucial territory . Point still remains that when D C E is switched on and on the top of his game like last night always does help the side to do so much better . Of course a very valuable player for Manly but the consistency and game management factor is a valid point . Sure that there will be very few criticisms of him and as our highest paid player if his first class performance against the Eels last night can be the regular norm or close to it going forward .

Cioran

Cherry is our half back and will be for a few years yet. I wish him all the best and intend to enjoy his good games but job/James is right. The level that Cherry bounced back to yesterday was something like the level that a top price half should be playing. Compare his performance when the Manly forwards were dominating with that of Pearce when the Newcastle forwards were dominating and compare their play when their teams were on the back foot. Cherry needs to build on yesterday’s effort and take even more control and initiative against the Cowboys. Until he can consistently play as well as or better than Pearce, Moses, Cleary, Flanagan etc his performance doesn’t equate to his pay packet.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
He certainly has some rusted on fanbois on this site. Had an adequate game last night and already back to immortal status. There is no need to take the criticism of his lack of form or his consistency as a personal attack. It's opinion based on observation, not always right. Just as the list of excuses the guy gets afforded when he does play badly are just opinions and not always right.

I think everyone here understands fully that for us to be any hope of winning DCE needs to play well. We all want that, it's no crime to point it out when he doesn't. Good signs last night, lets build on that.

Simonmyers11

I think you nailed it when you said if Manly are any chance of winning it's because if DCE playing well. Without him we have no change. I agree he has had some off games but so does every player just don't think he has been that bad and inconsistent for years, that's a bit over the top. He is still a better half than Pearce imo, and Cleary has been good this year with API and a full strength side was was pretty ordinary last year, dropped from NSW and Penrith had one of the worst attacks in the comp.

I would love to see him play like that week in week out, plus have a full strength side for once. I think you will find going back over the years of MVP points he is consistently in the top 3 most weeks. Been a bit patchy of late, but so has the whole team, plus doesn't help when we are down on troops either.

Some of the hate gets a bit tired though, even when he plays well people suggesting we should move him on.

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
He certainly has some rusted on fanbois on this site. Had an adequate game last night and already back to immortal status. There is no need to take the criticism of his lack of form or his consistency as a personal attack. It's opinion based on observation, not always right. Just as the list of excuses the guy gets afforded when he does play badly are just opinions and not always right.

I think everyone here understands fully that for us to be any hope of winning DCE needs to play well. We all want that, it's no crime to point it out when he doesn't. Good signs last night, lets build on that.
I like your passion for our club and the way you wear your heart on our sleeve and always say it how you see it and yes lets build on our performance from last night !!!

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Legend. DCE has been brilliant tonight, especially in D
He’s been exceptional.
The pass to jake and then that cover defense after goatboy croker threw that **** pass

jbay

He just can’t do it all himself
He busted his arse tonight
I tip my hat to him
1-5 were diabolical tonight
They offered nothing

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Uhm we just got touched up by 30 points and people are claiming he had a good game because he made a couple of try saving tackles and tried hard ?? It's never his fault, I get that, it wasn't his fault tonight either. But he was just as ineffective as everyone else out there tonight and his kicking game was rocks and diamonds. Sure he tried hard, they all did, but he gets paid to drive this side around the park and compete. Didn't earn his paycheque tonight because we got handed a football lesson.

sean john

Manly Til I Die
Im the first to jump on the bandwagon and bag DCE when warranted.. but DCE was our best tonight. He had a good game in a well beaten side. Doesn't mean much but it is what it is.. penrith were perfect. No team in the comp would of beaten them tonight

HoldenV8

DCE is not our problem. He needs a halves partner.
He had one who got dropped for really no good reason.....

He also needs an attacking fullback. We have one of those too, only.....he's out injured.

He also needs a good attacking dummy half. Funny thing, we have one of those too, only.....he's out injured too, not to mention his legal troubles.

For the past 3-4 weeks Cust has been the perfect foil for him and Cherry's form has ridden accordingly. Tonight unfortunately once Walks got injured early, again, he was pretty much playing a lone hand.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 13 11 1 1 150 23
2 Storm 13 11 0 2 188 22
3 Eels 13 11 0 2 124 22
4 Roosters 13 9 0 4 174 18
5 Raiders 13 8 0 5 27 16
6 Knights 13 7 1 5 71 15
7 Rabbitohs 13 7 0 6 52 14
8 Sharks 13 7 0 6 44 14
9 Sea Eagles 13 6 0 7 -48 12