Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Resurrected] DCE... Myth or legend?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

Why does dce as either 1st or 2nd receiver hesitate to throw the ball out wide instead choosing to hold the ball & do that spin that he does.It kills the momentum.

Technical Coach

Why does dce as either 1st or 2nd receiver hesitate to throw the ball out wide instead choosing to hold the ball & do that spin that he does.It kills the momentum.
Because he doesn't use/setup the previous tackles to lay a good foundation for his moment to shine in a more thoughtful way, he is more spontaneous and takes advantage in the moment which means his plays are often high risk low percentage.
(other than the predictable short side plays he works off from the previous play)

QueefRichards

Because he doesn't use/setup the previous tackles to lay a good foundation for his moment to shine in a more thoughtful way, he is more spontaneous and takes advantage in the moment which means his plays are often high risk low percentage.
(other than the predictable short side plays he works off from the previous play)
His game is either just too predictable or low percentage, without much in between.

Mataiforerver

Legend. He was great tonight... very good besides that wrong option to pass to Suli. He is easily our best half of recent times, just a polarising character and doesn’t get much help from any of the Backs bar Turbo & Walks who are obviously injured. Suli and Garrick are the only other two who would have a go at making good sides.

Last edited:

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

Or TC are you saying our outside backs just don’t understand his game.Watch moses & cleary with there hands on the ball it goes out wide with the backs charging at 100 miles an hour at the line.

sheridanstand78

DCE tried hard today, the try was a great bit of skill and I would love to see him take on the line more. The bombs he delivered were really good too, great contest of the ball and we were unfortunate to get a result from one of them. His Grubber kicks were very disappointing. Because we lack options in the halves the ball gets passed to him and hes always rushed when kicking. If you look at the time that Pearce had today to produce 4 line drop outs and a try from a kick illustrates the difference as Pearch takes on the line as he kicks wheree Cherry Evans doesnt do enough of that and we dont get many resets. It is urgent that we get some creativity outside of DCE as he needs a hand. The sin binning was unfortunate and the try he concended due to not dealing with a kick. That is a disease our team has, we are so vulnerable when defending kicks. it is our achillies heel!!!

47MVEagle

Put it this way - we played a team that had Pearce, Mann & Ponga as their 5th tackle kicking options.

We had DCE only, until Cust came on (I know Croker started as 5/8th but he had a shocker today so I dont count him as a 5th tackle option).

DCE was effectively our only kicking half today, yet still tackled his backside off, put up some good bombs, kicked for touch a few times & scored a try.

There's nothing mythical about him - he has ability but can't do it all on his own.

Bring back the.... Biff?

Dr Kosmo Kramer... proctology
Put it this way - we played a team that had Pearce, Mann & Ponga as their 5th tackle kicking options.

We had DCE only, until Cust came on (I know Croker started as 5/8th but he had a shocker today so I dont count him as a 5th tackle option).

DCE was effectively our only kicking half today, yet still tackled his backside off, put up some good bombs, kicked for touch a few times & scored a try.

There's nothing mythical about him - he has ability but can't do it all on his own.
Mythical :) he had some good moments and some great long smart kicks. But in the end he took over and cust barely got a chance and dce failed badly. Cust could of won us that game. Dce too many bad passes but he did improve from previous weeks

Bring back the.... Biff?

Dr Kosmo Kramer... proctology
Well.... he had a good 1st 20... then a horrible next 20. In the 2nd half he wasn't sighted. We are so crap! Des should flog them all then then himself

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
it just highlights the issue with how much he takes of the salary cap. Too many weeks we are back and forth about his gameday efforts.

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
DCE is mentally shot. He needs a week (or two) off club footy.

It's a shame for us that there is no mid year SOO this season, cause he is as cooked as I've ever seen a player of his calibre.

Nordburg

Does Jake get in the way too much ?
Not making excuses for DCE but Jake got more ball than Cust is that effecting DCE game , We have strike with Suli but he hardly gets the ball
Des seems to be resorting back to his Dogs days with forwards,Jake in this instance,becoming first receivers and we know how that turned out

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I'll say it again. DCE needs a proper 5/8.

Seriously we should buy Green in mid season transfer seeing warriors have said he can move on then schuey in 2021.

Teams know we have 1 half and it shuts DCE down.

Last edited:

Little Grubber Kick

Teams know we have 1 half and it shuts DCE down.
Must be time for DCE to lock the scrum with instructions to 'tackle anything that moves and backup backup backup'......Dessie would be able to give hands on advice regarding this.

A new half pairing would also cause all sorts of confusion in the opposition.......wouldn't know who to shut down.

Simonmyers11

Does Jake get in the way too much ?
Not making excuses for DCE but Jake got more ball than Cust is that effecting DCE game , We have strike with Suli but he hardly gets the ball
I heard DCE cry out No! When Jake got the ball on the 4th setting up for an attacking play. Crocker the dumb arse passed it too him though.

Staff online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 12 10 1 1 134 21
2 Storm 12 10 0 2 157 20
3 Eels 12 10 0 2 122 20
4 Roosters 12 8 0 4 166 16
5 Raiders 12 8 0 4 43 16
6 Sharks 12 7 0 5 46 14
7 Knights 12 6 1 5 31 13
8 Rabbitohs 12 6 0 6 34 12