Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Resurrected] DCE... Myth or legend?

hozza

DCE just isn't consistent enough and doesn't have enough strings to his bow. It's disappointing, but that's the way it rolls. The fan bois will keep making excuses for him (as they have for years) but in my opinion he just can't make that step up to top shelf playmaker status. It is what it is.
Best Post of the last 5 years

Jerry1

You said every half would have a field day with good players around them - exactly what the teams that win grand finals have had. DCE is world class, best half back in the game who is playing down on form with no 5/8 and an average hooker. Before Tom got injured last week we really should of won 6 from 7 - so not going too badly.
What would you suggest his dollar value so far this season.. me probably 300k

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
I'm not DCE bashing but honestly.. He only won one game of SOO when series was already over. What games has he won for australia as starting number 7? I honestly don't know, only game I can think of him playing was against Tonga and lost. Nines not included ofcourse. And come on bozo... dce went missing against the raiders. Glad we got the win but..
I see it differently feathered friend . I think he is an inspirational player . Watch him go against the Knights next week

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
Another one of many match winning golden point wins by the Great DCE that some feathered friends have forgotten
manly_celebration_190727_ar_242.jpg

Eagle of London

Premium Member
Best Post of the last 5 years
Jeez the post in this picture has more footy smarts and common sense than most of the anti DCE crap some of you are posting.
Yes hes badly out of form but he will bounce back.
thumb_1675_default_zoomed.jpeg

jbb/james

Jeez the post in this picture has more footy smarts and common sense than most of the anti DCE crap some of you are posting.
View attachment 14692
you have to try something to be considered out of form. Giving it to someone else to do, is avoiding form, good and bad.

If he doesnt look to take the line on, scheme, rove, kick judiciously, he is a passenger and not down on form. He is down on ideas. You dont find form chucking it to sirro, although sirro is finding form by having a go when he gets it

I read this on a signpost but it seems fair

You can buy form, it cost a million bucks a season though,

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The term "downhill skier" springs to mind when I think of DCE this year.

Eagle of London

Premium Member
you have to try something to be considered out of form. Giving it to someone else to do, is avoiding form, good and bad.

If he doesnt look to take the line on, scheme, rove, kick judiciously, he is a passenger and not down on form. He is down on ideas. You dont find form chucking it to sirro, although sirro is finding form by having a go when he gets it

I read this on a signpost but it seems fair

You can buy form, it cost a million bucks a season though,
perhaps but given we were before this round one win ( stolen by the Squeels ) from 1st on the ladder we are going OK. The entire team is out of sorts to some extent.

Bring Back the Biff is on a one man mission to convince the world that Dylan Walker has been our saviour at 5/8 and has outplayed DCE in most of the matches this year. I do see DW and his flashes of brilliance surrounded by 70 min of poop. who's correct probably neither of us and the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

Others on here cream themselves over Nathan (this time last year i was over rated and crap) Cleary and Mitchell ( after 6 ****e years is starting to play well) Moses. Or how about rooters no.6 who is surrounded by a team built on brown paper bags and rep quality.

the rest of the competition is

Reynolds @ Souths - good one year ****e the next
Foran @ dogs - well lets not even go there
Munster @ storm - has scam smith running the show say no more
Ben Hunt @ Dragons - ha ha ha ha ha
Dog boy Renyolds and Brooks @ tigpies - diamonds and coal - won nothing nada.
Milford @ donkeys - Now there is a Myth ( stole your favourite word Biff)
Pierce @ drugcastle - again Mr almost but never that good

Shall i go on?

We have a team leader who is woefully out of form and i really do hope that swings around soon. he has always been a great Manly man and will be again.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Was a total lack of leadership and direction yesterday. Players didn't know what they were doing or where they were going in attack and defense. Poorest effort I think I've ever seen from DCE as a captain.

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
View attachment 14692
how many times has that been written ... he is capable, we all know that, but he is the skipper and 1/2, but not playing like it .... he doesn't take on the defence like he used to and his kicking game is 50/50 at best, he is capable of booting a 40-20 and a field goal but his attacking kicking game is totally unreliable !!! frustrated as hell!

Last edited:

Cioran

Posters keep saying that DCE is doing a good job considering the stars that are missing. Compare his performance with that of Cust in the few minutes Cade got on the field yesterday. Cade got involved in pretty much every attacking set. His service to the back line was crisp with everyone having more room to move and looking better. He provided direction to the team. All things we want Cherry to do but he can’t because Tom and the other stars are missing. If Cherry played the same way Cade did yesterday we would be more than happy.

mike walker

Premium Member
G'day all, I watched the game yesterday and we were owned across the park.In my opinion there was not one of our players who you could say outplayed his opposite.How much of that is because of a lack of leadership or direction from our captain is a debatable issue.However three sharks tries were from poor one on one misses in defence and two more came in the ensuing sets after we dropped the ball.It may not of been his best game yesterday,but he wasn't flying solo either.
cheers mike

jbb/james

perhaps but given we were before this round one win ( stolen by the Squeels ) from 1st on the ladder we are going OK. The entire team is out of sorts to some extent.

Bring Back the Biff is on a one man mission to convince the world that Dylan Walker has been our saviour at 5/8 and has outplayed DCE in most of the matches this year. I do see DW and his flashes of brilliance surrounded by 70 min of poop. who's correct probably neither of us and the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

Others on here cream themselves over Nathan (this time last year i was over rated and crap) Cleary and Mitchell ( after 6 ****e years is starting to play well) Moses. Or how about rooters no.6 who is surrounded by a team built on brown paper bags and rep quality.

the rest of the competition is

Reynolds @ Souths - good one year ****e the next
Foran @ dogs - well lets not even go there
Munster @ storm - has scam smith running the show say no more
Ben Hunt @ Dragons - ha ha ha ha ha
Dog boy Renyolds and Brooks @ tigpies - diamonds and coal - won nothing nada.
Milford @ donkeys - Now there is a Myth ( stole your favourite word Biff)
Pierce @ drugcastle - again Mr almost but never that good

Shall i go on?

We have a team leader who is woefully out of form and i really do hope that swings around soon. he has always been a great Manly man and will be again.
I ressurected a 4 yo thread last week. Many people saying the same things. I know i could go back further. Im not suggesting its form and rather a lack of skill, but more importantly application.

Year 5 of his contract we are only buying a top number 6 if we get rid of 2 prominant players. If we unearth schuster on the cheap , he just does a DCE and sits it out until me gets more and we release players

DCE best form was when we had ballin at hooker, not creative, not a kicker, better than levi but similar. Others did the job , pure and simple
Cherry looked good because he plays off the back of momentum. He does not look to creat it, or thwart it.
He is essentially an overpaid fancy pants.

Quite simply our team needs tools it does not have. Cherry could have a go at adding a few extras or we need to trade him to get them, because its his area that is lacking.

Green, Hodko, hastings, croker, cust walker,
We just keep searching for someone to do 80% of the job on 10% of the wage, while mr 90 % revenue is waiting for them to sort it before he injects himself

FFS have a go, run at a gap, get ironed out once trying to put someone away but he really doesnt get his hands dirty when it come to "Team Halves"

manly al

Premium Member
Certainly was below par yesterday with some poor positional play and even allowing for the wetter conditions , just too predictable . Seemed to be too much one out running also which probably did limit his options but really should have the experience and mindset by now to read and direct the play better and effective kicking on a more consistent basis . . . Seems to work well with Suli which may help his attacking options [ and i know that it has been said many times before ] but really just has to be more attune to direct the play better . Never seems to lack any defensive resolve but just has to make more things happen , agree , it is not as if he is not capable of it . ,

sean john

Manly Til I Die
You said every half would have a field day with good players around them - exactly what the teams that win grand finals have had. DCE is world class, best half back in the game who is playing down on form with no 5/8 and an average hooker. Before Tom got injured last week we really should of won 6 from 7 - so not going too badly.
No I said if every player around them served everything on a platter.. you put DCE in that roosters team instead of cronk that year.. and the roosters don't win the premiership. Sad but true. Kearys game wouldn't of developed like it has to potentially claim a threepeat. Your loyalty to DCE is honourable, maybe blinded?? But Cleary, Foran, Keary, Moses, Johnson are all better halfbacks than him. Lucky two are kiwi, one doesn't even play halfback, and two are just kicking off their careers otherwise he wouldn't be Aussie hb atm.. keeps dishing up ****e and I doubt he will be this year either

40 years an eagle

Posters keep saying that DCE is doing a good job considering the stars that are missing. Compare his performance with that of Cust in the few minutes Cade got on the field yesterday. Cade got involved in pretty much every attacking set. His service to the back line was crisp with everyone having more room to move and looking better. He provided direction to the team. All things we want Cherry to do but he can’t because Tom and the other stars are missing. If Cherry played the same way Cade did yesterday we would be more than happy.
Yep, Cust is a 7...DCE isn't.

QueefRichards

The problem with blaming other players missing is that DCE is paid $1.x million a year to consistently deliver and step up to take games by the scruff of the neck and drag the team into winning games we shouldn't.

Hate him or hate him, that's what Cameron Smith does.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Eels 9 8 0 1 114 16
2 Panthers 9 7 1 1 84 15
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 73 14
4 Roosters 9 6 0 3 156 12
5 Knights 9 5 1 3 45 11
6 Rabbitohs 9 5 0 4 34 10
7 Raiders 9 5 0 4 31 10
8 Tigers 9 4 0 5 20 8
9 Sharks 9 4 0 5 -4 8