1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCE Merged Thread

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Mar 19, 2017.

By SeaEagleRock8 on Mar 19, 2017 at 9:26 AM
  1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +10,152 /204
    DALY Cherry-Evans laughed at the media this week but it was his football that spoke the loudest to put a full stop on a tumultuous week for Manly.
    As talk of civil unrest at the Brookvale club and the future of embattled coach Trent Barrett took hold, Cherry-Evans had the perfect response to the firestorm engulfing the Sea Eagles.

The captain and chief playmaker led his team to a remarkable 30-8 upset of North Queensland in Townsville.
    set

Cow.jpg

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/e3b6f04a07edec0101c514743da3bc5c

Comments

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Mar 19, 2017.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Ratings:
      +1,212 /28
      Few journos with sausage roll on their face today.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +10,152 /204
        And at least one measuring up for breast implants.

• Funny Funny x 1
        • Manc Yank

Manc Yank Member Premium Member

Ratings:
          +107 /0
          He is the ultimate leader. In the last game against the Roosters, he had a chat with one of the refs and you can tell they respect him. Ive seen so many other players get the STFU face by refs. Pure legend.

• Like Like x 1
          • brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +3,781 /147
            I can still remember captain cranky tooves , gee wizz the refs loved him .

• Turbo1

Turbo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +2,244 /403
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
              +2,830 /53
              DCE driving off field change

The Daily Telegraph - Matt Logue

MANLY captain Daly Cherry-Evans has rediscovered his brilliant best but it’s off the field where he is making the biggest impact according to his teammates.

Sea Eagles players are crediting the team’s three straight wins to Cherry-Evans, who organised an emotional meeting after the side’s round two loss to South Sydney.

With six of the top 17 players new to the club, DCE wanted the team to understand the significance of donning the famous Manly jersey.

To achieve this, he sat down with the players to unlock the motivation driving them to succeed.

Hooker Api Koroisau believes the honesty meeting was a masterstroke from Cherry-Evans — a bloke he rates as a born leader.

“That was huge from Daly to bring the boys together and solidify the team,” Koroisau told The Daily Telegraph.

“You are a team of individuals until you learn how to be one team and play together.

“The boys really had to think about Manly and we had to give a reason why we wanted to play.

“People come from different parts of the world and from other teams, so sometimes playing for a club doesn’t really mean that much to you.

“But that (meeting) really made everyone think about what it means to play for Manly.

“I thought it was really big of him (Daly) to bring us together and now we have turned it around.”

Koroisau has no doubts Manly is now Cherry-Evans’ team, the sole survivor from the club’s 2011 grand final-winning side.

“I think the thing that has impressed me the most about Daly is that all his decisions have been made with the team,” he said.

“He hasn’t gone off individually or tried to do things by himself, he always includes the boys.

“That’s one of the traits of being a good leader.

“You don’t whip the lash from behind, you get at the front and start pulling with everyone.

“I think Daly is really starting to come out of his shell and he is playing some really good footy.”

Fullback Tom Trbojevic has also been highly impressed with Cherry-Evans’ leadership this season.

“He is our captain and our leader and we all fall back to him when times are tough.

“There was a massive bond built up over the off-season.

“The first two weeks we weren’t good enough and I guess we’ve had a massive change in attitude and all the boys are going out there with a desire to win and that meeting Daly set up as had a lot to do with it.”

• Like Like x 6
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                +3,781 /147
                When i first read it i thought it was dce on driving charge. Please man im getting older.

• Agree Agree x 6
                • Like Like x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                  +2,483 /31
                  I really enjoyed Daley's interview on fox the other night.
                  He alluded to the fact that he had to train harder and recognised that it was those 1% plays that were going to take his game to the next level.

• Like Like x 1
                  • ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                    +2,310 /110
                    Long day. I panicked and thought he had picked up a driving charge! Damn dislexia

• Agree Agree x 2
                    • SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
                      +10,152 /204
                      Me too!

• Agree Agree x 2
                      • HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                        +18,524 /364
                        • Like Like x 2
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                          Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
                        • The '47ers

The '47ers Notorious NRL

Ratings:
                          +1,488 /19
                          Haha Brad, I'm with you

• Like Like x 1
                          • double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                            +3,570 /149
                            Off topic. How do I put my tips in with this new platform

• Disagree Disagree x 1
                            • HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                              +18,524 /364
                              • Like Like x 1
                                Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
                              • Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                                +3,436 /32
                                I want to preface this by saying I am pro Origin and Test footy. I love seeing our players get selected for higher honours, and I want to see the Turbos selected this year.

BUT.........

I would love to see DCE tell qld and Australia to stick it. I do feel they have dropped him like a bad habit and given him no support. And I believe the thought that there is hunt, Milford, barba, Morgan behind Cronk and Thurston has driven this attitude. Now selectors realise Cronk and Thurston are on their last legs and the so called replacements have either left league or aren't as good as first imagined.

Add in the attitude of Tallis and other so called Qld legends who have treated him like rubbish I hope he says thanks but no thanks.

• Like Like x 2
                                • Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                                  +3,429 /128
                                  Loves that article. Awesome stuff DCE. You will be a fine captain

• Agree Agree x 2
                                  • Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                                    +2,830 /53
                                    Agree mate. It is clear how much Manly means to him and he is doing his best to instill that passion within this new squad.

• COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL

Ratings:
                                    +2,364 /119
                                    Hope he goes great guns and goes a long way to erasing his self centred past.

• ManlyMit

ManlyMit Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                                    +227 /19
                                    The public and media need to realise that Cherry is going to be a one club player and captain and give him the respect that he deserves.

He has won a premiership, Clive Churchill medal, represented QLD and Australia and is now proud captain of our club. People need to get over this 10 year contract rubbish and see it for what it really is. A great player that has achieved so much in the game and represents our mighty club with pride.

• Like Like x 2
                                    • Agree Agree x 1