DCE Man of the Match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did not deserve Man of the Match---too often halves get credit when there is no obvious stand-out but i think either T.Williams, A.Watmough,B Kite,King and to a lesser extent Lussick were above DCE.

Great physcial application and all round effort from the boys---the WCC showed the attitude is all good but our red zone attack was poor once again.

This game did not have to come down to the wire if we were more clinical in our execution---i've never been happy with the options we use in the redzone but it's hard to be too critical for a first game effort. Second phase play in middle third changes of direction combined with early spreads were excellent---once again using the GF tactic of going wide early against the Warriors. (wink wink) "ok it's well overdue to exercise some class and modesty no need to rub it in tosser"

New wingers are going to be targeted D.Williams very hesitant in coming forward to shut down the over-laps before they arise but it's still early days and i'm sure Oldfield will be targeted also this year---never rated him defensively seems a little soft and hesitant but could be just a confidence issue.

Defensively the general middle of the field play effort was great but we are hanging back on our heels in the redzone too often--- i'm sure this will be rectified in time. Outside backs combined with new wingers tend to create this scenario so we have to be patient and accept a few bad reads and slow outside backs moving up.

I thought it was an odd choice of man of the match. I thought foran was far far far more dominant in this game and deserved the man of the match.

Ballin being sent for 10 and one bad kick but disregarding that he also had a good game.

Toovey is clearly asking for a different game from ballin now

Wolfman looked like he'll have a positive year, and oldfield didn't do anything bad, but he wasn't involved much. I thought Cherry-Evans did very well today though. T-Rex or Watmough could also have been MotM.

Lyon was the other stand out player

Daniel said:
I thought it was an odd choice of man of the match. I thought foran was far far far more dominant in this game and deserved the man of the match.

Ballin being sent for 10 and one bad kick but disregarding that he also had a good game.

Ballin seems to be running more around the ruck and looks sharp but then again a short fast track may have helped make him look sharper lol but i do agree with you.

Yeah i thought Foran and even Lyon were above DCE but the second half Foran was not as effective----might be a little DCE lovefest happening with his increased Ch9 appearances. In the end i'm guessing Man Of the Match cheques go into the players pool or it's his shout at the end of the season.

I'm sure the players don't mind unless they are selfish and want increased exposure to bump up contract talks.

Kingy had a good run considering he's been out for awhile. Kite stood up too (still pushing for a halves spot lol). Glenn played strong. I said in another post the other day, a good 1,6,7,and 9 a great, but good forwards tend to be overlooked by fans who mainly watch the play makers. The whole team played well IMO.

Must have been watching a different game if you thought Lussick played better than DCE.

Technical Coach said:
Daniel said:

Ballin seems to be running more around the ruck and looks sharp but then again a short fast track may have helped make him look sharper lol but i do agree with you.

Yeah i thought Foran and even Lyon were above DCE but the second half Foran was not as effective----might be a little DCE lovefest happening with his increased Ch9 appearances. In the end i'm guessing Man Of the Match cheques go into the players pool or it's his shout at the end of the season.

I'm sure the players don't mind unless they are selfish and want increased exposure to bump up contract talks.

Ballin kicked a few times today which is something he rarely did over the last few years. He also chimed in as another link man at times and acted as a half.

Bhurer was sharp at dummy half but he was waiting on others to call the plays rather than taking charge. Different to ballin but jeez he ate up some metres

The pack were all good, as were the whole team. Wolfy showed skill in his kick for DCE to score. A lesser player would have gone out. King annoys me at times with his poor handling and lying in the ruck. He should know better. Hopefully these problems will be rectified along the way. Is Big G on the outer, or just not considered in view of the fast track?

DSM5 said:
The pack were all good, as were the whole team. Wolfy showed skill in his kick for DCE to score. A lesser player would have gone out. King annoys me at times with his poor handling and lying in the ruck. He should know better. Hopefully these problems will be rectified along the way. Is Big G on the outer, or just not considered in view of the fast track?

Agreed re kingy, he needs a talking too, some crap has crept into his game

DSM5 said:

Nothing to do with the fast track for George as he was left at home before they knew what the weather would be. Interesting that Nood was still out. Maybe Tooves wanted George to get a certain game in reggies rather than possibly not play firsts if Nood passed his fitness test.

Whatever the reason, this will be quite interesting.

tookey said:
Must have been watching a different game if you thought Lussick played better than DCE.

I know what your saying but he did poke his head through the line a few times and worked well laterally in defence when needed---basically a good effort nothing outstanding and DCE was not a standout---more to illustrate my point. Being more involved due to his position should not automatically put DCE on the man of the match radar.

Daniel said:
DSM5 said:

Agreed re kingy, he needs a talking too, some crap has crept into his game

Yeah running hard and lasting longer than a few years ago when he was really poor(injuries and training methods did not help seemed to be always dominated in tackles) but his discipline and composure are falling away big time at crucial moments.

DCE didn't deserve the MOM. As you say, the judges always seem to opt for the halfback. I would have given it to T-Rex. He was dangerous every time he touched the ball, defended well and played a lot of the match.

Daniel said:
Technical Coach said:
Daniel said:

Ballin kicked a few times today which is something he rarely did over the last few years. He also chimed in as another link man at times and acted as a half.

Bhurer was sharp at dummy half but he was waiting on others to call the plays rather than taking charge. Different to ballin but jeez he ate up some metres

Ballin has kicked a few times in the past not really all that effectively but has to be used as a kicker to offer more options when we struggle to get a good roll on in our set of six to ease the kick pressure on DCE and Foran.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4