DCE & BLaw up to Maroons camp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't hurt their confidence, especially for DCE should be a positive.
Kevvie Walters appeals as a very canny coach, from what I've picked up.

Although you'd think they'd put Morgan to 5/8 and find someone else for the bench utility.
Yep maybe SER8. They would also want minimal disruptions to the squad and DCE has been in the Qld system. I appreciate I am probably reading too much into this but it feels good to throw out a little conspiracy theory every now and then. ;)

So if DCE got injured in these drills, how would we be compensated? It's a bit ridiculous. Most of all, NRL is the only professional competition in the world where players are unavailable for matches in the competition because of other commitments. Imagine in EPL or NFL if the best players were suddenly not allowed to play for their teams that pay their salaries. It would never be allowed.

Although you'd think they'd put Morgan to 5/8 and find someone else for the bench utility.

Although...if Walters is a more savvy coach than Meninga, he might be looking at DCE as the more logical Thurston replacement. Chucking Morgan in there would create a 'two Cronks' issue, the same as chucking DCE in to replace Cronk previously didn't work that well because he and Thurston are too similar.

I've said all along that of all those who have been writing DCE off as never to play Origin again (Lewis, Lockyer, Tallis, Qld media and fans.....), the one person who kept indicating the opposite is current Qld coach Kevin Walters.

Now granted this isn't calling him or BJ into the actual squad as such, but it shows that the coach still has both of them very much in mind.

I try not to read to courier if I can help it, but with any random NRL story they'll try and tie in the DCE backflip somehow. It's amazing though the Titans cocaine dramas never get mentioned, it's like it never happened. I don't know why I read it, maybe the headline stuck out, but Tallis wrote an article a month or two ago saying that if a player doesn't want to play for a club, they should be free to follow their career at another club. You only have a short career so there's no point playing somewhere you don't want to be. WOW, he must have been thinking bout the Dragons, f***wit!!!!

Hope BJ takes out sCam - end the Scumos for the year >:)

Doesn't the 'injury to a key player' get trotted out by Qld every year? :snooze:

Last edited:
BREAKING:

Cooper Cronk has been driven off by a med cab after going down with a serious ankle injury.

From Fox Sports

Looks like Daly will represent qld once again and he deserves it he has tried hard the last couple of weeks just had no followers from the team

Cooper Cronk has injured his ankle this afternoon at training. Is DCE looked at if he is out or do they slot Morgan straight in there with Thurston.

If I were the coach, I'd be throwing Morgan in there, possibly bringing DCE onto the bench as the utility.

Same reason as above - Morgan plays 'straight man' to JT's creativity. You only stifle the best parts of DCE's game by chucking him in there to play the Cronk role.

If it was JT who got injured, do the opposite.

Or...they'll probably just ring Ben Hunt!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4