DCE and who should be Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
He is the definition of a flat-track bully, when we are looking off he is nowhere to be seen... I really don't think it is limited to 2020 either.

Compare this to Jamie Lyon who was an incredibly consistent and calming influence on the whole team.

We need to sort this out or we are dooming ourselves to inconsistent performances befitting of teams that finish outside the Top 8.

He is the definition of a flat-track bully, when we are looking off he is nowhere to be seen... I really don't think it is limited to 2020 either.

Compare this to Jamie Lyon who was an incredibly consistent and calming influence on the whole team.

We need to sort this out or we are dooming ourselves to inconsistent performances befitting of teams that finish outside the Top 8.

Just had a hand in two tries to get us back in the game.

But you know.... FlAt TrAcK bUlLy

Just had a hand in two tries to get us back in the game.

But you know.... FlAt TrAcK bUlLy

Yes... on sets where we were otherwise running downfield easily against the team running 16th and last in the competition

When he is firing he is great, otherwise he disappears. Thought it was worth pointing out when we consider who should be captain.

Lol
I almost wish dce busted himself and missed the second half of this season
Wede be stone cold last.. fact.
Look at the games we have won since Tom went down... single-handed dce victories.. even the close loses or the ref robberies had dce doing EVERYTHING...

Ridiculous thread.

Been saying for years he isn’t a captains ahole. Couldn’t lead a choko vine over a back fence. People mistake trying hard and playing frantic football for leadership. Anyway it is what it is - he is a protected species here and we have him for another 3 years - so we just have to suck it up and hope that he matures at some point and calms the f@ck down and learns some game management skill.

Makes you realise what a special side we had during that 2007 - 2015 period. So many composed, confident footballers. In fairness to DCE he doesn’t have much support around him in terms of leaders and calming influences, and you can see the effect it has had on his game since the end of tooveys stint.

Is it really?

We beat the team in 16th tonight but had lost 6 straight before that.

I would argue that we have enough talent in our squad that we should not be in the position we are in... Asking if we have the right captain is a question worth asking, I would have thought.
I get that, but our captain is the only bloke putting us in a position to win games this year..
Only other person worthy of it would be Jake, but he's too emotional imo.. gives away way too many penalties (now 6 agains) each week and wants to fight the ref when the games on the line...
Dce is the only choice.. just my opinion

Lol
Look at the games we have won since Tom went down... single-handed dce victories.. even the close loses or the ref robberies had dce doing EVERYTHING...

Ridiculous thread.
F#@k DCE gets a major free pass by many on here. I nearly choked reading this. DCE single-handedly won us our games this year??? Good f@#king grief. Share the drugs. We may have done worst or better with DCE in this year. I don't know and I don't care. Bottom line is he can't lead $hit and he can't manage $hit. And they are two crucial roles we fairly expect him to perform given his pay-check and position in the team.

How well have the Warriors done this year with a depleted line up and incredible adversity. No excuses made and just put in and get on with it. DCE? Pfft! It's just about individual brilliance but cant lead a team or raise the performance of his players around him. Yes, he can occasionally put in one of those brilliant individual showings, but he is inept and impotent when it comes to raising the performance of his players around him. That's the reality

DCE does nowhere near what THE GAMES HIGHEST MONEY EARNER halfback NEEDS to be doing, let alone what a 1.25M half that is the club captain should be doing.

We haven't been able to afford a game-managing partner for him to be able to play to his strengths because he costs so much.

It's always someone else's fault. If you are a 1.25M halfback/club captain it's YOUR fault.

The ones who came up with his contract should be banned from our club. It's probably the same fools who put the Trb bros contracts together...god help us that they don't make it even worse because there's a 3rd one. Ohh shlt, they probably already are...the Tom and Jake contract upgrade was probably a 3 bro deal, spreading it through the family.

Morons!

I'm with you on that DCE being overpaid,but he needs a half partner ,something we haven't had since Green left.
But we had to pay the Turbo's ,we couldn't lose them.
Unfortunately we have no crystal balls and hindsight is still a curse.
Next year ,new year.

Lol

Ridiculous thread.
Agree. Worst post of the year. Been our best player by far. Just needs a decent 9 and 6 next to him. Cleary was crap last year, looked good this year with a good hooker and 6 next to him to take the burden off him. We have Crocker and Cust which offer nothing. Pretty much up to DCE to run every play every set.

I feel he goes in and out of games for sure, you naturally do,it's where that second play maker is vital to run a play or kick . We don't have that and I feel DCE would really benefit from it. I see the point, but listen to what the players say about his leadership, especially the younger players, they are full praise for all the extra attention DCE shows, the interview last year in state of origin, player's were asked who impressed them the most, and a few Melbourne player's said it was DCE leadership!! He is definitely the best fit for the captain, tries to lead by example every week, speaks well to the players, the refs, is respected but we just need another good 6 and 9 around him. All good teams have a good spine working together.
The future looks bright, I'm confident he can lead us to success next year and beyond. Just please can we have some luck with injuries

DCE does nowhere near what THE GAMES HIGHEST MONEY EARNER halfback NEEDS to be doing, let alone what a 1.25M half that is the club captain should be doing.

We haven't been able to afford a game-managing partner for him to be able to play to his strengths because he costs so much.

It's always someone else's fault. If you are a 1.25M halfback/club captain it's YOUR fault.

The ones who came up with his contract should be banned from our club. It's probably the same fools who put the Trb bros contracts together...god help us that they don't make it even worse because there's a 3rd one. Ohh shlt, they probably already are...the Tom and Jake contract upgrade was probably a 3 bro deal, spreading it through the family.

Morons!
With the emergence of Harper, Shuster, Hoppa, Funa I really think we have enough Depth. We have in the centres Walker, Suli, Parker, Funa, Harper even Hoppa can play. Suli is on 550k. I think he is an extra cost not worth the money when you could get Foran easily for 300k now who has been great in a dogs side this year and would help game manage and guide Schuster as long term 6.
Tom
Saab
Harper
Walker
Hoppa
Foran
DCE

Agree. Worst post of the year.

Gee... Tell us how you really feel. Maybe this thread would have got a better response after we capitulated against the Tigers.

Steve Menzies was a great player right up until the day he retired. But as a captain he was not the answer... And was eventually replaced by Monaghan/Kennedy/Orford.

The question here is whether or not DCE is the answer as captain.

I just think he falls short in being able to calm the team when we are up against the wall. As noted earlier the Tigers loss (as one example) should not have happened.

F#@k DCE gets a major free pass by many on here. I nearly choked reading this. DCE single-handedly won us our games this year??? Good f@#king grief. Share the drugs. We may have done worst or better with DCE in this year. I don't know and I don't care. Bottom line is he can't lead $hit and he can't manage $hit. And they are two crucial roles we fairly expect him to perform given his pay-check and position in the team.

How well have the Warriors done this year with a depleted line up and incredible adversity. No excuses made and just put in and get on with it. DCE? Pfft! It's just about individual brilliance but cant lead a team or raise the performance of his players around him. Yes, he can occasionally put in one of those brilliant individual showings, but he is inept and impotent when it comes to raising the performance of his players around him. That's the reality
We can agree to disagree on this... but as for the roles he plays..
Try assists 2nd in the nrl
Line break assist 3rd nrl (highest half, as 1st and 2nd are fullbacks)
2nd in nrl for kicks taken
2nd nrl for kick meters
3rd in nrl for being support player (2nd is jake)

With a joke of backline around him it looks to me like dce is busting his @rse week in week out.
Cant ask for more leadership than that... the players around him need a long hard look at themselves.. thats tafua, parker, suli, garrick... since toms been away NONE of these guys have upped their input .. if dce doesn't hand them a scoring chance on a silver platter they wouldn't be involved in plays at all...
But sack the bloke.. see how long it takes to get our first spoon..

Yawn zzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6