DCE and The Field Goal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That was an inspired play indeed, and didn't he hit sweet.

How good was that 40/20 just before half time?

I think Gus got it right it the call. He musn't have realised that Maloney missed the kick at goal. If I was to take a glass half full view of it, I'm going to say he was just so focused on winning the game he put it out of his mind. That being said, it was one of DCE's quietest games in a while.

Some of DCE's plays tonight where a tad strange. I thought the chip from our 40 when we were leading by 6 (which the Roosters regathered and then had them on the attack on the half way line) was a strange play. At that point we are leading with 25mins to go (or thereabouts) and needed to make the Roosters work hard.

This is though what I like about the Foz/DCE combo. Foz is very direct and takes very good options to close games out, make the game tough for the opposition to win (ie forcing drop outs), whereas chasing points and needing that X-Factor, DCE is your man.

As for the FG, I don't mind going 3 in front as opposed to 2, since it can certainly mean you can push penalties whilst defending if needing to.

I know some commentators blow up when players go for a FG when leading by 4 pts. I don't see an issue with that. As Maloney showed (as Thurston did earlier in the season), conversions aren't gimmees.

Killer03 said:
Foz is very direct and takes very good options to close games out, make the game tough for the opposition to win (ie forcing drop outs), whereas chasing points and needing that X-Factor, DCE is your man.
Chooks halves have a fair combination too, Pearce uses kicks to get the ball over the sideline on the full, whereas Maloney uses passes.

It was a bit odd, Sid's ''drop-kick''...

Maybe we'll get an explanation on it later?

I thought Baloney's relatively easy missed conversion was a snap-shot of this year opposed to last...

We've got their measure now, and they know it!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Killer03 said:
Foz is very direct and takes very good options to close games out, make the game tough for the opposition to win (ie forcing drop outs), whereas chasing points and needing that X-Factor, DCE is your man.
Chooks halves have a fair combination too, Pearce uses kicks to get the ball over the sideline on the full, whereas Maloney uses passes.

If I could have triple liked that post I would have SeaEagleRock8.

Maloney just looks a shadow of himself at the moment, thank god Pearce had that night out otherwise Maloney would have been 5/8 and he is not playing like last year. He seems cranky and disinterested (strange combo).

The funny thing with Maloney is pre game my brother in law said how great a kicker he is, funny that it was his kicking (and a relatively easy one) which cost them the level up.

I didn't think he went for a FG.

Pretty sure it was a trick shot, at the ground it was clear that it reversed on itself and went left. Unfortunately our runners weren't fast enough to pounce.:sleepy:

Jorge hurt his ankle at the very beginning of the game, so was slower to chase balls than usual. :cool:

I thought the attempt at FG was a bit strange, but it was intended, then you can understand the logic. It takes penalty goals out of the game.

It nearly turned into a good kick if Skivvy have on been able to make the tackle in the in goal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4