David Warner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was great to see him get the the century in the first final. Without the switch hit garbage.

Then the other selfish century cost us the 2nd final. Crap bowling didn't help though.

Discuss

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
selfish? lol

Apparently scoring runs is bad?

Our bowling attack needs the word attack removed,****ing woeful against these guys

please stop Shane, thats 2 posts in a row i've agreed with you on. :)

The warning signs were there for the bowlers in the 1st final, and as you say they were woeful in the 2nd.

SL won the toss and elected to bowl. Not surprisingly. I wonder what we would have done if we had of won the toss. I assume we would have bat.
After Tuesday night 300 is required.
Interesting playing 2 x spinners. + D Hussey

Surely Warner would be better off coming in down the order when the balls a bit worn (especially in England) and then having a crack.

Opener David Warner moves from Sydney Thunder to Sydney Sixers after falling out with John Dyson

By Phil Rothfield
The Sunday Telegraph
August 05, 20122:47AM

Master blaster David Warner has quit Sydney Thunder to join cross-town rivals Sydney Sixers after falling out with Thunder general manager John Dyson.

Warner accepted 50 per cent pay cut for a one-off appearance with the Sixers in the KFC T20 Big Bash League because of his reluctance to play under Dyson.

It's a huge blow for ANZ Stadium which pays Warner about $75,000 a year as an ambassador. He is now expected to lose that deal.

Michael Clarke will take Warner's position in the Thunder line-up but is hardly the same attraction in the shortest form of the game.

ANZ Stadium management had been involved with Thunder, Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW in negotiations to sign the world's most explosive opener to a four-year deal to play in the Big Bash League.

All-up it was worth $600,000.

Cricket Australia was behind the move to boost the game's interest in Sydney's west.

Sixers general manager Stuart Clark said Warner's signing was a huge boost for the club.

"Warner is a great T20 player and is clearly an asset to any team he joins," Clark said.

"We are really happy to have him with the Sixers and we're sure he'll really enjoy his time, however brief, in magenta. We have a lot of fun here."

The Test opener will play against his old team and former teammates in the season opener on December 8 at the SCG.

He's an Eastern Suburbs boy so Sixers are a good fit. But I still can't believe the coin being thrown at this guy. Not bad for a bogan with a dead eye. It sounds like his ego might be starting to believe the paycheques.

Opener David Warner moves from Sydney Thunder to Sydney Sixers after falling out with John Dyson

By Phil Rothfield
The Sunday Telegraph
August 05, 20122:47AM

Master blaster David Warner has quit Sydney Thunder to join cross-town rivals Sydney Sixers after falling out with Thunder general manager John Dyson.

Warner accepted 50 per cent pay cut for a one-off appearance with the Sixers in the KFC T20 Big Bash League because of his reluctance to play under Dyson.

It's a huge blow for ANZ Stadium which pays Warner about $75,000 a year as an ambassador. He is now expected to lose that deal.

Michael Clarke will take Warner's position in the Thunder line-up but is hardly the same attraction in the shortest form of the game.

ANZ Stadium management had been involved with Thunder, Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW in negotiations to sign the world's most explosive opener to a four-year deal to play in the Big Bash League.

All-up it was worth $600,000.

Cricket Australia was behind the move to boost the game's interest in Sydney's west.

Sixers general manager Stuart Clark said Warner's signing was a huge boost for the club.

"Warner is a great T20 player and is clearly an asset to any team he joins," Clark said.

"We are really happy to have him with the Sixers and we're sure he'll really enjoy his time, however brief, in magenta. We have a lot of fun here."

The Test opener will play against his old team and former teammates in the season opener on December 8 at the SCG.

He's an Eastern Suburbs boy so Sixers are a good fit. But I still can't believe the coin being thrown at this guy. Not bad for a bogan with a dead eye. It sounds like his ego might be starting to believe the paycheques.

patorick2010 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Not surprising he has had a falling out after all I heard about the bloke

Such as...

He did a small stint over here the summer before last, and the attitude and arrogance of the bloke was unbelievable, didnt give a stuff about the team only himself. Unprofessional and a real dickhead apparently

patorick2010 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Not surprising he has had a falling out after all I heard about the bloke

Such as...

He did a small stint over here the summer before last, and the attitude and arrogance of the bloke was unbelievable, didnt give a stuff about the team only himself. Unprofessional and a real dickhead apparently

I see Davey boy is in hot water for unloading on a couple of journos via twitter. The guy is a deadest bogan, he is the AC equivalent of Josh Dugan. Can't wait for the "someone hacked my twitter account" excuse. It is totally beyond me how he is even being considered for any sort of leadership role within the ACB, are they completely stupid ?? until he grows up I wouldn't be putting C or VC next to his name in any form of the game.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/warner-blasts-journalists-on-twitter-20130518-2jsvl.html

Not a fan of his at all, but must admit I enjoyed seeing him having a crack at these knob end journos from the tele

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6