David Riccio horticultural ironstine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Same with most rugby league journalists. Biggest bunch of nematodes there is.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-to-bad-weather/story-fni3gnk1-1227332019248

Sea Eagles Brookvale Oval game will need to be changed due to bad weather

• DAVID RICCIO
  • THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 03, 2015 12:00AM

SYDNEY’S big wet has impacted Manly’s bid to cure a diseased Brookvale Oval with the NRL set to decide within the next 48 hours if the Sea Eagles home game goes ahead next Sunday.

Not yet willing to declare, but confident Manly will be able to host Newcastle at Brookvale, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg confirmed that in conjunction with the NRL and Manly, Warringah Council have spent the past three weeks attempting to rid the Sea Eagles home ground of a turf disease called nematode.

Greenberg issued Manly chief executive Joe Kelly with a please explain after Brookvale Oval resembled a sandy beach during the Sea Eagles last match at home, six weeks ago, against Canterbury.

So poor was the standard of Brookvale Oval, Bulldogs fullback Brett Morris narrowly escaped major injury when his knee jarred heavily into the heavy turf.

The NRL paid an independent turf expert from Turf Australia to run a series of soil tests and conduct a report which detailed the level of insecticide treatment required to kill the disease plagued playing surface.

Greenberg said Sydney’s heavy April rainfall had slowed the process down and that he would meet with Kelly early this week in the hope of giving Brookvale Oval the green light.

“It had a pretty good disease in it — it had what’s called a nematode, which is a significant turf issue,’’ Greenberg said.

“One of the things that cost them a little bit was all the rain. They needed to apply all the insecticide into it as per the report and then the deluge in Sydney cost them a few days.

“I’m hopeful that everything will work out and that council has done everything that the report said, but we’ll need to have a good look at it again next week.

“I’m relatively confident from the regular updates and reports I’ve received, but we just need to make sure next week.’’

While Gosford’s Bluetonge Stadium would be an obvious choice if Sunday’s match needed to be shifted, Greenberg said that a contingency plan had not been discussed.

so their obvious choice is to move the game 75.2km away instead of the Sfs or ANZ

gee some muppets run this game

Have paid for my accomodation, as I am coming down from Taree. If this is moved it will just about do me as a member. Still getting emails from the club as late as Friday about what a grand game it is going to be. Goes to the general feeling I have that we are a very distant afterthought. Not one mention from the club in any of its correspondence that this was a possibility.

The Root Knot Nematode is a plant parasite.

Apparently this specific nematode is an Eel Worm Nematode species. Maybe Choc did a Myles in the middle of Brookie one night :giggle:

The fact that Warringah Council allows dogs to crap over the ground, may explain the worm infestation :cool:

Greenberg said Sydney’s heavy April rainfall had slowed the process down and that he would meet with Kelly early this week in the hope of giving Brookvale Oval the green light.

While Gosford’s Bluetonge Stadium would be an obvious choice if Sunday’s match needed to be shifted, Greenberg said that a contingency plan had not been discussed.
Greenematode will give the red light and move the game up to Gosford just to take the home ground advantage away from us and by moving us away from Brookie and up to Gosford, it will more than likely reduce our home crowd attendance and because of the closeness of Newcastle, it will increase theirs so thereby giving the Knights a more of a home ground advantage than it would for us.

Wasn't someone spruiking, over the last couple of weeks, how good a condition Brookvale was in now.

Wasn't someone spruiking, over the last couple of weeks, how good a condition Brookvale was in now.
Yeah, I remember hearing/reading that somewhere too

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6