Dave Warwick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With what has transpired over the past 3 weeks, Dave Warwick has been conspicuously quiet.

Even a "we are looking at options" or a "the club has players we are in negotiations with" type statement would have been nice. Maybe an interview on the club's website like last year.

The silence is deafening. C'mon Dave. Work your magic mate.

Have a look at our 20' s side. I would say that Dave has had a big say in the recruitment for that team and they are flying at the moment.

The club need to get recruitment right and be careful not to react to fast to the teams needs. Its been a tumultuous few months for everyone at the club. Time to focus on this season starting with the draggies on Saturday night.

Gee, can't please everyone!

First we want to keep our targets quiet & not highlight our recruitment plans & now we want full transparency & an insight into everything.

Can't have it all.

I'm sure the club is taking measures to recruit players they feel necessary.

Let's be patient.

With what has transpired over the past 3 weeks, Dave Warwick has been conspicuously quiet.

Even a "we are looking at options" or a "the club has players we are in negotiations with" type statement would have been nice. Maybe an interview on the club's website like last year.

The silence is deafening. C'mon Dave. Work your magic mate.

That's the way it should be. Do you expect him to telegraph any player we are after?

I think he's the best in the business and I expect him to be quite until we actually have a signing.

Gee, can't please everyone!

First we want to keep our targets quiet & not highlight our recruitment plans & now we want full transparency & an insight into everything.

Can't have it all.

I'm sure the club is taking measures to recruit players they feel necessary.

Let's be patient.
I wouldn't mind us throwing out a few false leads to drive up prices.

Exactly. This is business and we need to be ruthless.

need to throw some false leads out there and start to affect opposition teams salary cap.

As to the topic of Dave Warwick, he is one of the best in the business. He knows what he is doing. There will be contingency plans to negate the loss of daly and Liar.

Dave is a very smart recruiter, I'm just not sure that once he makes a recommendation the idiots above him know what to do!!

I actually think Crusher had most of the tentacles around Australia. Warwick has done very little to improve our forwards apart from sign pre retirement type players, and no ones

We've been linked to every half on both sides of the world, who says some of these links haven't come from within the club. After all, we're a sieve when it comes to keeping stuff in house.

He has been quiet as he has been working behind the scenes with Kelly and the Penns and player managers. No Geoff. Think about it.

I actually think Crusher had most of the tentacles around Australia. Warwick has done very little to improve our forwards apart from sign pre retirement type players, and no ones

Warwick agreed to going to the bulldogs with the dog but reneged when they signed crusher. Warwick said at the time that he was sick of cleal taking credit for all the recruits.

BTW Who has crusher scouted for the dogs? No one comes to mind.

Some of the young blokes who were rep juniors were signed by the recruitment team i.e Gutherson, Berryman, Hodges, Chee Kam etc. They all looked exciting prospects but I must admit some haven't kicked on.

Maybe Dave (or the person impersonating him) could give us an update here at Silvertails like he supposedly did last year . Ha ha.

Crusher ( who by the way is a old mate of mine way back to junior RL days) is a lazy prick, Warwick did all the work and Noel took the glory......fact!!!

That from the mouths of the last 2 CEO's prior to Joke.

Personally I've got a lot of faith in Dave Warwick. He's always been the brains behind the recruitment team.

I'm glad there's been no knee jerk reaction to the halves leaving. Signing guys just because they're available would be disastrous.

I hope we look in house or to identifying a talented kid like we did with the defectors rather than looking at the names previously mentioned in other threads.

I'm sure Dave will get it right. But Mark's got a point. Will Joe and the Penn's ? :sweating:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4