Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Has he officially re-signed with the club, I did not think so with a lot of speculation surrounding him in numerous threads on the site, however the attached SMH article, dated 7 December, says "with Kite and Lussick on board" .....

http://m.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/king-resigns-with-nrl-premiers-manly-20111207-1oj3r.html

Anyone know the situation here? :cool:

I'm not sure about Lussick's current contract status but the way I read the article is that they are talking about our squad for next season. I suspect that Lussick is contracted to us for 2012 ("on board"). Its the situation beyond that that has most people concerned.

For the record I am a huge Lussick fan and would be disappointed if we lost him.

Gorgeous George said:
I'm not sure about Lussick's current contract status but the way I read the article is that they are talking about our squad for next season. I suspect that Lussick is contracted to us for 2012 ("on board"). Its the situation beyond that that has most people concerned.

Yes he's signed for 2012 but not beyond that.

He mentioned on twitter a week ago that he hasn't re-signed with anyone.

Isn't he bitter about not being in the grand final? Personally I would have him selected for next years grand final when we take on the bulldogs!

(it's going to be a long off season , which is good, right)

weev said:
Isn't he bitter about not being in the grand final? Personally I would have him selected for next years grand final when we take on the bulldogs!

He's bitter with Hasler. Maybe Tooves can convince him to stay.

That's what i was thinking Swoop. It was Des & Crusher who left him out of the GF team. Hope he stays lonnggggggggg term.

He could be as good as Randell

He only has himself to blame for missing the grand final. Is he that much of a sook?

There is no way in hell Dogs will be in the GF next season.
So he wont be taking them on in it.
Unless it is in NSW Cup. then maybe.

i dont get to many games these days use to like watching all 3 grades seeing young guys emerge etc but always make the pilgrimage to brookie for games against the sharks as i live in sharks territory.Anyway acouple of years ago iwas particularly interested in the u/20 match with regards to the rave reviews of young hopoate.Im pretty sure both foran and dce were also in the team and the next day at work my mad sharks mate asked me about the match and i told him that ididn't know about the talk about hopoate being right as i thought he was nowhere near the hype and the sharks fullback akid named gardner was far more impressive,but keep an eye out for a bloke from manly called lussick, although he appeared to be more of awide running back rower then.As good as randall is a big call as he was a very hard man feared by opponents,but darcy certainly seems to have the physical attributes to earn a similar respect.
cheers mike

Maybe he knows how good he is and wants to be paid accordingly? If russ is right, he is worth a motza.

The stories about the other clubs chasing him are right but he's a Manly junior and he'd prefer to stay at Manly. It will probably get down to what sort of offer Manly are prepared to make. He does have a contract for 2012 and I think if Manly are smart they should look to upgrade this contract and offer him a couple more years on top.

Like most of the people here, I hope he re-signs because I think he's got huge potential and should be in for a big year in 2012. You just never know these days.... Hoppa was a Manly junior to but Parramatta offered him silly money and he chose to take it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mybludog said:
That's what i was thinking Swoop. It was Des & Crusher who left him out of the GF team. Hope he stays lonnggggggggg term.

He could be as good as Randell

Watching play is like watching Ian Roberts play (think 89 at souffs and when we first got him) doesn't mind dishing out punishment

I had a coach once in the country who played one game in the KB Cup at full back for St George vs Manly. He tells the story how he was 18 made a break and was running away to score when he got hit form behind in the hardest hit he ever had in his life. When he saw it was Randall a prop who ran him down and hit him why he was running away he deiced he would never survive if he ran into him and that he was not up to playing 1st grade.

I hope darcy stays but like a lot of players he is most likley looking to the new TV deal and salary cap before doing so. If he cap goes up 20% then a long term contract will just costs money. most players are waiting to see. But why don;t clubs just offer a % increase if and when the cap goes up. So lets say a contact is 200k and the cap goes up 20% then contract goes up the same to 240k.

Awesome player , strong mobile aggressive and can throw a good pass .
I can see him being the leader of our pack.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6