• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yup I am making some changes at the moment that are the likely cause of this

Sorry Shouldn't be too much longer

**** looks like some of the changes which I reversed may have stuck. Not good but I will see what I can do to fix itin the morning

Sorry all.

I have been trying to keep the current software simply for a convenience thing for all, as such I wanted to develop the URL's so that instead of being

http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?topic=178152.msg193212

they would be
http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/Dan

or whatever the title is, it just makes more sense from a standpoint of SEO. However because this forum software is so royally screwed I couldn't do that and have now found the one remnant of code that was causing the problem.

Moving forward in the off season I will be keep Joomla I think, though I am benchmarking some other software options and I will then be looking at moving to a better forum software that also has a more flexible license.

Sorry for the inconvenience all.

Most of the changes I make are both to improve performance but also to try to improve exposure to the site, but getting better search engine ranking through SEO techniques like URL rewriting. I guess I should ask everyone to continue to try to spread the word of Silvertails.net as well though :)

Sorry again
Dan

;)

Yeah this forum is sucking more by the minute
the sooner I get us off of it the better

yeah it is really weird. None of the code that I changed is still here so it seems something changed without my knowledge. I tried another 'fix' and I will see how that goes.

Let me know if it imroves. As a rule try deleting all cookies and internet temp files and this may help.

Otherwise I am going to have to kick this software in the guts asap and just go with a temp solution until year-end

Your other post says it is working now?

I am doing a fresh install today and migrating where the forums are located, they are not fully integrated anyway so I may as well just re-theme the forum part of the site

Then look to move to another software later and I can just bridge the users manually until I decide whether to move to wordpress next year.

User front-end contributions are at zero since moving to this system so we don't get any benefit anyway. Once the footy tipping is over we can make those decisions though

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6