Dally M predicitions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Here are my personal Dally M predictions, what do you all think?

When voting went blind in round 16 the competetion leaders were Thurston out front, Gallen 2nd, followed by Foran, Slater, Smith, Cronk & Glenn Stewart all on close numbers after that. Thurston and Gallen's injuries have seriously impacted their chances of winning. Currently bookies have Benji Marshall the favourite (I can't figure how he has only had 2 good games since round 16) and Thurston in second. Foran hasn't had the 3 point performances in recent weeks, his points are likely going to others in the team. Storm will have picked up bucketloads it just depends if 1 player is getting them or they are stealing each others points as usually happens.

Fullback of the Year: Billy Slater. Although unliked here, he has had an outstanding year and is a media darling again this year. boyd is underperforming by last year's standards, Stewart & Dugan missed too many games, Hayne is a 5/8 now. His biggest competition is Matt Bowen but its pretty obvious this one is a lock for Slater.

Winger of the Year: Akuila Uate. He won last year and he is better in 2011 than 2010. He may get robbed by Yow Yeh, but I think because of his defensive weaknesses this year the panel will go with Uate.

Centre of the Year: Mark Gasnier. This is likely to be a salute to his career rather than him being the best. Had Hodges stayed healthy he would have won but too much time out, Inglis has scored just 5 tries and has underperformed. No one else really stands out.

Five-Eighth of the year: Kieran Foran: Has been outstanding this year, is a media darling and a favourite of the league. The only way he misses out is if Marshall wins the main Dally M or they give it to Lockyer and a salute.

Halfback of the Year: Johnathon Thurston. Although lengthy injury time late in a year often rules you out I think it will be ignored and Thurston will get it. No one has come close to him this year.

Lock of the Year: Glenn Stewart. I'm picking an upset here, Gallen must be the favourite but I think they will tip the hat to Stewart for his contributions on the field this year, being that he is in career best form. People will blow up deluxe.

Second Rower of the Year: Sam Thaiday. Why, because they will that’s why. Is he the best this year? Arguable, probably not but I’m tipping he gets there for his 2nd win in the category in a row. The only guys I can see beating him are Creagh or Beau Scott, but I think they will go with the Queenslander.

Prop of the Year: Matt Scott. He has been in career best form all year and its surely the first pick prop in any rep team he is eligible for. Petero Civoniveva may give him a run for his money, but it has to be Scott, just too good this year.

Hooker of the Year: Cameron Smith. The guy is back to his best and as you will see below will get more than this award.

Rookie of the Year: Daly Cherry-Evans. While Tariq Sims is the favourite with many bookies I think the judges will smile on a young halfback leading the team around. Hopoate’s missed weeks probably hurt his cause and I think Cherry-Evans will just edge out Sims. A great year for the rookie category when rookies like Elijah Taylor, Matt Srama & Gareth Widdop who have all been massive boosts for their respective teams won’t get a look in.

Dally M Player of the Year: Cameron Smith. I think it will surprise a few that he will take it out but he has been consistently good week in week out for a Storm that is hard to beat. From my point of view he is getting points every week when Cronk and Slater and feeding on each others points. He is controlling every game he is in. People talk about Slater and Cronk needing to be stopped. The way to stop Storm is to stop Smith and no one has worked it out yet. He is the force behind the Storm’s winning charge and I think the voters will see this and be giving him the points.

What are your predicitions?

I predict Manly players win nothing, we used all our luck when Orford won the Dally M.

I disagree that no-one else stands out in the centers. Jamie Lyon has had a great year. I would say a better year than Gasnier.

Who is your tip for coach of the year?
Captain of the year?

Lyon hasn't been as prolific as last year when he won it. Compounding this, several other Manly players are starring this year where he was the go to man last year. Selectors/panelists also tend not to look favourably on players who brush rep duties (which is why I ruled Matt Cooper out).

Coach will be Bennett to make up for not getting it last year when he should have won it.

Captain is the most subjective category. Maybe Lockyer as a salute o his career and that fact he is Qld and Aus Captain for so many years. Smith would be a hope for captaining the Storm through last year into a successful year. Gallen is a dark horse, they love picking a captain of a team who was busted who start coming good, like Anasta last year.

Gaz would be a joke choice as centre. Cooper has played better than he ever has before & has outshone Gaz every time I've watched Illawarra. Matai is not very far behind at all, I'd love to think this will prove to be his finest season because he is capable of winning us some very big games the way he has been going.

PS captain, if you are a journo you really should brush up on your spelling.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
PS captain, if you are a journo you really should brush up on your spelling.

Sorry I have mild dyslexia and I type too fast, it makes me into a typo machine. I was just being lazy and couldn't be bothered proof reading it. Sorry.

Never apologise for spelling! I appreciate your psots, epsecially the low-down.

(those rrors were not scripted, I'm on the scothc!)

Captain of the year : Cam Smith

Coach of the year : Bellyache

and if Yoh Yeh get's winger of the year there is something wrong with the votes.

TBH only want Gifty and Fozzy to win there respective positions.

Go through the history of the Dally M's and only a few player's have won a Dally M player of the year and then gone onto win the Premiership.

eagles2win said:
Go through the history of the Dally M's and only a few player's have won a Dally M player of the year and then gone onto win the Premiership.

Sterling & Orford, yeah?

Foran & Gift should win their respective positions. I think that Des should be a shoe-in for coach of the year but probably won't win it, absolute joke that he hasn't got it so far.

Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:

Sterling & Orford, yeah?

Foran & Gift should win their respective positions. I think that Des should be a shoe-in for coach of the year but probably won't win it, absolute joke that he hasn't got it so far.

Foran is against one man teams like Locky and Marshell while Gift is up against the true army of one Paul Gallen, no chance wolf

Yeah I know that they probably won't win, can always hope though.

Des defo deserves to win coach of the year though, he has been snubbed so many times for it. They would be mad to deny him after this season - where every man & his dog tipped our aging team with rookie halves & no depth to miss the finals, how wrong everyone was.

Des won't get coach of the year they will give it to that fraud bellyache u watch

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2