Daley calls on Manly forwards to make a stand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
TRIUMPHANT NSW State of Origin coach Laurie Daley has challenged Manly's maligned forwards to "make a statement" in Sunday's big match against Gold Coast at Cbus Stadium.

Read More

TRIUMPHANT NSW State of Origin coach Laurie Daley has challenged Manly's maligned forwards to "make a statement" in Sunday's big match against Gold Coast at Cbus Stadium.

The Sea Eagles
Laurie+Daley+NSW+Blues+Team+Announcement+m1XfBI2njw8l1.jpg
pack was manhandled by Souths' giant forwards last week, opposition sides now ready to target Manly through the middle each week.

Daley, whose Blues finally ended Queensland's eight-year reign this year, said Manly need to show this evening they won't be physically dominated again with the NRL finals looming.

"Manly's forwards were dominated last week by Souths, no doubt," Daley told The Manly Daily. "They won't want to be treated like that again — that is their challenge.

"A lot of people will now say Manly was dominated through the middle and that's where opposition sides will target the Sea Eagles.

"Souths really powered through the middle.

"That is where some in the game will think Manly is vulnerable. Manly's forwards will be hurt by that.

"And they have shown all year they have a tough and effective pack of forwards — they are a key reason why Manly has led the premiership for so long throughout this season.

"I think Manly's pack really has to make a statement against Gold Coast."

But it won't be easy against a Titans side boasting State of Origin hardmen Greg Bird, Dave Taylor, Nate Myles and Luke Bailey.

Daley could not pinpoint a premiership winner but knows Manly will be thereabouts yet again.

"Manly hasn't been at their best in recent weeks," Daley said. "They just overcame Brisbane and were then towelled-up by Souths.

"They would be hoping they aren't losing form at the wrong end of the season. I think Manly need to show they are back in-form and ready for another tilt at the finals.

"They are exceptional side, everyone is well aware of that. They love the big games and they love semi-final football. This is a mentally strong side who are proven winners."

Daley spoke at a Forest rugby club fundraiser last Saturday at Freshwater Surf Club, an event which raised nearly $50,000 for club forward Pat Maile, whose son is experiencing some health problems.

"It was a great night — Forest is a real community club," Daley said. "The turnout was great — 180 people attended and Pat was so appreciative and overcome.

"I hope Forest has success this season. I will certainly be keeping an eye on their results in coming weeks."
Dean Ritchie
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/laurie-daley-calls-on-manly-forwards-to-make-a-stand-against-titans/story-fngr8iii-1227025856451

Exactly.

Why is Daley challenging anyone at Manly?

(Or thinks anyone will listen!).

Certainly be better served doing all he can to help his old pal Sticky (and Canberra) and challenge their whole 17 to win a game.

Just ONE game even.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4