Cuthbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It looks like Cuthbo has been given the boot from yet another NRL side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharks to offload Cuthbertson

* Josh Massoud and James Phelps
    * September 14, 2010 12:01AM

WHETHER he stays in the Shire or not, it appears Adam Cuthbertson has played his last NRL game in a Cronulla jersey.

We've been told Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has vowed never to select the back-rower again, after he repeatedly ignored pre-game instructions to limit offloads. A careless pass in Cronulla's final-round match against Penrith is understood to have been the final straw for Flanagan, who's made it abundantly clear that he wants the former Manly star - who is still on the books at $200,000 a year in 2011 - moved on ASAP. Expect former Bulldog Buddy Gordon to take Cuthbertson's place should a release be finalised.Gordon is negotiating with both the Sharks and Panthers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the article has to do with Robbie Farah and Willie Mason. If you are interested then here is the link:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sharks-to-offload-cuthbertson/story-e6freye0-1225921375596

It just goes to show that is exactly what everyone here said about his game, if he learns to selectively offload then he would be a great player.

I couldn't sleep last night so watched the Super League semi between huddersfield and Crusaders.

I mean Superleague is a woeful game so much space and so many crap options. The Crusaders were crucified (excuse the pun) by Samut, my god he was an average player

Bring back Bryant I say :)

Maybe we could do a swap with Bailey?  Yeah Cuthbo on $55K would be a good filler for a prop forward type (Perry replacement) until someone better comes along

I think Cutho would kill it in the Super League.

That was a poor selection on 9's behalf there. Crusader's were always going to lose that game (but I think it got televised over here because of the whole Wales team into the Super League finals).
Watched the St Helens vs Warrington game the night before heaps better. Also watched the Hull F.C vs Hull KR and Wigan vs Leeds games online very good games.

problem is he won't listen.

He didnt listen to Hasler when he told him to hold the ball, then Stuart, and now flanagan.

If 3 coaches inside a year are saying the same thing, he's not worth it even at minimum wage.

Fro link said:

He didnt listen to Hasler when he told him to hold the ball, then Stuart, and now flanagan.

If 3 coaches inside a year are saying the same thing, he's not worth it even at minimum wage.
im hoping now that 3 coaches have told him the same things he might get it through his head finally .. we got nothing to lose, i`d give him 1 yr since we not offering menzies nothing..

Fro link said:

I wonder what Brandon Costin's thoughts of him were as he played most of the 2009 season with the Sunshine Coast.

Yeah if he can't follow anyone's instructions he's not worth it. Its such a waste though as he has plently of potential!

Stunned he is on 200K though, not worth anywhere near that.

Cuthbo polarises opinions as T-Rex does.
For me, he is worth another go. I haven't seen him play this year but I remember how good he was coming through the ranks.
It's difficult for a ball player with all this emphasis on stats. If you want a player to tuck it under their arm and bash forward then their stats will look impressive but they won;t set up any tries. Cuthbo tries things. Gee, we could have used some ball-playing forwards in our last match!
It's claimed he doesn't listen to instructions. Then he should fit straight back into our team, based on the amount of penalties we concede which surely must go 'against instructions'.
I say 'bring him home' - but if the powers-to-be won;t consider making Beaver an offer then there is no chance for Cuthbo. 

Bailey around 200k, easy solution Piss him off sign Cuthbertson on min wage $55k & the other $145k give to Beaver

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Bailey around 200k, easy solution Piss him off sign Cuthbertson on min wage $55k & the other $145k give to Beaver

Only problem: who is going to pay $200,000 for Bailey?
Surely not even Cronulla!

Fro link said:

He only answers to a higher power if my memory serves me correctly.

I read an earlier thread that suggested Cronulla wanted Bailey for that sort of money. For what it's worth I would rather have Cuthbertson instead of Bailey.

Fro link said:

Apparently he listens to God... or does he.

Fro link said:
Apparently he listens to God... or does he.

That's good, so he'll be listening to us whinge: "GOD! why the hell did you do that" whenever one of his offload goes astray.

Has Manly ever re-signed a player that they have let go?  I cannot recall one easily.  Why don't we sign aaron cannings again as perry's replacement. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6