Cuthbo to be a Knight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
NRL Gossip
Gossip from Newcastle – It’s believed off-contract Dragons Jon Green & Adam Cuthbertson have both agreed to terms with the Newcastle Knights.

Funny that no matter the club Bennett goes to, they release one player, and can sign 12 when he arrives.

Many players probably feel they will improve under Bennett and you can't deny that he does turn a lot of players around.....Soward is an excellent example.

Same goes for unheralded players under Des Hasler. Look at Glenn Hall. He was a difference maker last night, and was nothing before coming here. Same goes for guys like Rose, Robinson, Wolfman & co.

Bennett is a fine coach. So too Bellamy. I think Des is getting close.

Why doesn't he just come back home? Have you ever seen so many threads on an opposition player? It's obvious that we all want the big fella back.

If you look at the team now, we're pretty good judges too. Des is about 12 months behind the silvertails in selections. Better late than never though.

Poetic that more Saints are Knighted!

Seems that when Bennett leaves a club, he uses their lances and steeds to do them over, good and proper.

Ryan said:
Funny that no matter the club Bennett goes to, they release one player, and can sign 12 when he arrives.

And he's always got a team full of rep players. He's a great coach of course but only Brisbane, St George (since bennett arrived) and Melbourne seem to have that problem and we know now why Melbourne was full of rep players.

I hate to burst the tin foil hat wearer's society bubble's here but the Knights are making room for these player's i.e released Henry to the Titans, Taufua is going to the Sharks, amongst others.

Actually hes on the same money as Cronulla. Sharks sold him cheap but have to pay the difference between his Dragons contract and what he was on at Sharks. From my understanding Sharks still wear about 120k on their salary cap for Cuthbo

Cuthbo definitely has the ability. If Bennett can get him to trim down and choose his offloads more carefully he would be valuable to most teams.

Ryan said:
Wow Ryan, you don't think Des is already better than Bellamy?

I think Hasler surpassed Bellamy years ago.

Phantar said:
Ryan said:

Bellamy has the following achievements next to his name :

SOO - 3 series lost.
2011 - Wooden Spoon

That is all.

Des has won something, Bellamy has not.

Rusty said:
Phantar said:
Ryan said:

Bellamy has the following achievements next to his name :

SOO - 3 series lost.
2011 - Wooden Spoon

That is all.

Des has won something, Bellamy has not.

2011 wooden spoon is a bit of a stretch

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4