Curtis Scott (and others) - Offseason trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Broncos forward Joe Ofahengaue is under investigation by the NRL Integrity Unit after being charged by police in an alcohol-related incident which has further marred the club’s off-season.

The 24-year-old was charged Saturday night after he was found sleeping in his parked car following a house party in Brisbane’s south-west.

He has not been accused of drink-driving, but was charged with being in control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

The matter has been referred to the NRL Integrity Unit for further investigation and the Origin prop is also likely to face a club-imposed fine as a result of the alcohol-related event.

To be fair I don’t think it should be an offence for him to sleep in his car. He probably knew he had too much at the house party and (correctly) decided it would be stupid to drive.

I know. It's one of those stupid laws that exist but I guess the cops could have used their discretion other than fining a sleeping man.

To be fair I don’t think it should be an offence for him to sleep in his car. He probably knew he had too much at the house party and (correctly) decided it would be stupid to drive.
I think if the keys are in the car with you (don't even have to be in the ignition) you are deemed to be "in control of the vehicle" - ridiculous law.

Broncos forward Joe Ofahengaue is under investigation by the NRL Integrity Unit after being charged by police in an alcohol-related incident which has further marred the club’s off-season.

The 24-year-old was charged Saturday night after he was found sleeping in his parked car following a house party in Brisbane’s south-west.

He has not been accused of drink-driving, but was charged with being in control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

The matter has been referred to the NRL Integrity Unit for further investigation and the Origin prop is also likely to face a club-imposed fine as a result of the alcohol-related event.

This is ridiculous!! If he was sleeping in his car because he couldn’t drive, I find that harmless and being responsible. The world we are in had us living in fear even when we are doing the right thing. I don’t know the full storey but if this is the case I’m going off the grid and living on a remote island where no one can arrest me for sleeping

This is ridiculous!! If he was sleeping in his car because he couldn’t drive, I find that harmless and being responsible. The world we are in had us living in fear even when we are doing the right thing. I don’t know the full storey but if this is the case I’m going off the grid and living on a remote island where no one can arrest me for sleeping
If the cops need more revenue they should hit up caravan parks after midnight. Plenty of people over 0.05 sleeping in their vehicles with their keys. Great way to target people doing the right thing.

Not excusing what he did but he clearly has some issues he is working (Or not) through

These few sentences show you how much tripe is said/written....
"I want to stay in Melbourne. I wouldn't want the hustle and bustle of the Sydney media.
"I'm happy with my contract. I'm actually stoked with it." - Curtis Scott October, 2019

So, what does he do? He moves to a new club, and then parties in Sydney with exactly the type of people he had claimed he had cut from his life because they were causing his "mental disintegration".

As @Chip and Chase said he may have just had the keys with him.
I'm more of the thought that if they are in the ignition and/or you're in the front seat/s then that's a problem.
I'm sure there are plenty of instances where inebriated souls get in the car, fall asleep then wake up with their keys in their hand and have an epiphany of sorts that seeing as they woke up in the drivers seat they may as well turn the key and go home.
Whereas sleeping on the back seat is more of a ICBFed moment if you woke up.

These are only hypotheticals by the way, not that I'd know anything about this.

If the cops need more revenue they should hit up caravan parks after midnight. Plenty of people over 0.05 sleeping in their vehicles with their keys. Great way to target people doing the right thing.
They cannot breath test you inside your home.

So as it’s under 7 years in Gaol and doesn’t involve a woman it’s “ play on Curtis”.

What a joke this system is.

He has been charged with two counts of assault of police plus resisting arrest etc?

so should that be 2X7 years ie 14 yrs potentially at least if you add up all the charges?
I read elsewhere it’s only 5 years maximum, and as a first offender probably gets off with a slap on the wrist.

"While it is still up for debate whether any of the trio will be suspended from playing NRL games, fined, or escape punishment altogether, Greenberg will outline his position to the ARLC board meeting."

"I intend to sanitize this" said Greenberg, " I'm prepared to talk it up, dumb it down, leak it all to the media, then I'm going to deny everything and say none of these things ever happened."

Frankly I am disgusted by what I consider to be the NRL's inconsistent treatment of players and clubs. I have zero faith in the current administration. The favorable salary cap treatment Souths received for Inglis and Burgess just cannot be logically or sensibly reconciled against decisions they made in respect of players like Matai and Stewart. The NRL allowed Souths to sign Mitchell for 500K when he was asking for 1 million and had been offered 800K by the Rorters, they allowed Parramatta to sign Hayne for 500K from the Titans when he was on a million as against when they wouldn't allow Manly to sign Glen Stewart at the end of his career by determining the contract was undervalued. Then relevant to this discussion they let the Broncos player off without punishment even though he assaulted a chap in Bali and had to pay $30,000. It stinks like a rotten fish and the smell is making me puke!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2