Bronson Xerri: Ban over. Off to Dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder how much it costs to do one of these random drug tests ? It must be reasonably expensive for the actually testing otherwise I don't understand why ASADA wouldn't blanket test whole teams during pre season training. The cost of getting a couple of testers to go to a training ground and supervise 30 guys peeing in a sample bottle is negligible.

Why are they relying on tip offs ?

Thanks to Xerri I'm now peering suspiciously at some of the, er, well-developed players, which is probably very unfair. It's disappointing to think we can't just assume they are all clean of performance enhancing drugs.

I wonder how much it costs to do one of these random drug tests ? It must be reasonably expensive for the actually testing otherwise I don't understand why ASADA wouldn't blanket test whole teams during pre season training. The cost of getting a couple of testers to go to a training ground and supervise 30 guys peeing in a sample bottle is negligible.

Why are they relying on tip offs ?

Richard Ing ( or Ings or something ) is the boss of ASADA and claimed the tests had to be sent overseas and took some time to be done so I reckon it might just be ... very expensive.

Know he did the wrong thing, and maybe I'm way too soft these days, but I really feel for the kid. So much pressure to "make it" especially if your pegged the next big thing.

Makes me think to someone like Foran. Imagine the pressure he'd have copped from all sides, demanding his health and rehabilitation occur quickly. The temptation to look at avenues to speed up the process must have been great (these kids have 10-15 years top in the game).

Shows real character and a testament to his fortitude to work hard naturally to make it happen in my opinion.

Don't mean to steer the thread in a different direction. Sorry everyone. That being said, Xerri is very, very young, and he should bounce back. I hope he gets the support and nurture he needs to do so. Over to you Sharkies. Support your boy.

I hope he gets the support and nurture he needs to do so. Over to you Sharkies. Support your boy.

Agree, very young ... but it also brings into the frame the quality of the people around him ... somebody supplied him ... and hints that it has been going on for a while ... makes me sad and angry at the same time ..

If his contract is torn up .. under Asada rules ... he is banned from having anything to do with the club or any person from the club ... he will be on his own other than friends and family ....

Agree, very young ... but it also brings into the frame the quality of the people around him ... somebody supplied him ... and hints that it has been going on for a while ... makes me sad and angry at the same time ..

If his contract is torn up .. under Asada rules ... he is banned from having anything to do with the club or any person from the club ... he will be on his own other than friends and family ....

Yep, and track record at that club with peptides makes it worse. I mean, talk about REAL numbnuts, after what they went through to run the gauntlet again, you'd think they'd be so clear of it, and there would be safety measures around the place to not allow that to happen again.

Know what mate? Maybe time working on a roof, pulling up tiles for 3-4 years might leave a legacy on the guy and appreciation of what is in front of him. Definitely create a sense of humility eh? Choc Watmough did that, working with my step brother growing up (roof tiler).

Coming back at 22-23 (still have a decade in the game possibly), I hope he takes this as a learnign opportunity, and agree, he should learn who his TRUE friends are, and not those that would advise shortcuts (performance enhancing rubbish).

Richard Ing ( or Ings or something ) is the boss of ASADA and claimed the tests had to be sent overseas and took some time to be done so I reckon it might just be ... very expensive.
Labs have all been co-opted to covid testing.

I was wary of xerri from day one when he was chosen. A lot of ugly tatts for an 18 year old, the type people get in prison. Reading about his steroid selling brother this morning you gotta wonder.

Labs have all been co-opted to covid testing.

I was wary of xerri from day one when he was chosen. A lot of ugly tatts for an 18 year old, the type people get in prison. Reading about his steroid selling brother this morning you gotta wonder.

Makes perfect sense , and probably the main reason why it took so long.

I see an article where investigations are 'turning towards the family' and I must admit, when I saw a pic of his brother I thought so that's where he got them from.

But profiling is bad.

As previously reported it's been said that his drug use was an 'open secret' throughout cronulla's junior ranks. So.......

Despite some in the media getting out their violins and offering up mea culpa's by the ...cuppas, if the 'B' sample shows the same, then 4 years it should be.

if the 'B' sample shows the same, then 4 years it should be.

The "B" sample always shows the same results as the "A" sample because it is not a different sample, just the same sample in a different vial.

Testing is incredibly expensive. If subjects call for the "B" sample to be tested and results return the same verdict they should have to pay for the "B" sample test.

Ohh funny that, no subjects will ask for their "B" sample to be tested.
They ALL know they are guilty.

The "B" sample always shows the same results as the "A" sample because it is not a different sample, just the same sample in a different vial.

Testing is incredibly expensive. If subjects call for the "B" sample to be tested and results return the same verdict they should have to pay for the "B" sample test.

Ohh funny that, no subjects will ask for their "B" sample to be tested.
They ALL know they are guilty.

Ah...ok

I thought most of 'the accused' got their B samples tested (sometimes as a hail Mary) and then they claim contamination, etc...

Fair 'nuff

So ASADA are claiming the delay in releasing the positive test results is due to them working with other authorities (cops etc) wanting to nail a ‘facilitator’, a bigger fish in the drug supply chain, ok that I understand. What I don’t get is, why if they released the xerri results 2 days before season start has the arrest of this bigger fish not been headlines. Have they succeeded in nailing this ‘facilitator’? If not then they should have waited until they did. It is all highly suspicious IMO

So ASADA are claiming the delay in releasing the positive test results is due to them working with other authorities (cops etc) wanting to nail a ‘facilitator’, a bigger fish in the drug supply chain, ok that I understand. What I don’t get is, why if they released the xerri results 2 days before season start has the arrest of this bigger fish not been headlines. Have they succeeded in nailing this ‘facilitator’? If not then they should have waited until they did. It is all highly suspicious IMO

Maybe they couldn't catch the facilitator and thought "well, better release the findings so a drug cheat doesn't get to play footy at least"..?

I think that if they had let him play knowing that he had tsted positive they would have come under much greater criticism ... his naming in the team forced their hand ..

@Woodsie & @globaleagle - Yeah I get that, but historically it has often been the case that athletes/sportspeople have had titles/medals stripped after the event and the main thought is that at least they busted them eventually. If this was the first time ASADA had pulled this stunt then ok, but this is the second time they have blatantly screwed with an nrl season launch etc

@Woodsie & @globaleagle - Yeah I get that, but historically it has often been the case that athletes/sportspeople have had titles/medals stripped after the event and the main thought is that at least they busted them eventually. If this was the first time ASADA had pulled this stunt then ok, but this is the second time they have blatantly screwed with an nrl season launch etc

Agree ... but a lot of those cases are when an athlete is tested at the event he is competeing in .. eg Olympics, World Championships, Tour de France etc ..... and the results come back after the event ...

Asada have made no secret they believe the drugs are an organised crime and that they are after the big fish ... the longer they can keep an investigation covert the better ... poor timing for the NRL .. but this would not be a priority for Asada, their job is to catch cheats in all sports, and it is unlikely that the mungo that supplied Xeeri is limiting his activities to one 19 year old rugby league player ....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2