Bronson Xerri: Ban over. Off to Dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The delay is certainly worth asking questions about .... but there just might be good reasons ..... for example, if I were an Asada agent I would think .... we have a numbnut that has tested positive .... let us see who his friends and contacts are and establish if he acted alone or is part of a bigger picture ....

we don't know what sort of investigation has occured .... Wait until all is revealed ....

The delay is certainly worth asking questions about .... but there just might be good reasons ..... for example, if I were an Asada agent I would think .... we have a numbnut that has tested positive .... let us see who his friends and contacts are and establish if he acted alone or is part of a bigger picture ....

we don't know what sort of investigation has occured .... Wait until all is revealed ....

Yes many extenuating circumstances I’d say , also doubtful any of them were at work the last three months.

Makes me wonder how any more Xerri's, Gallens, Robbie ODavis and Rodney Howes are running around these days. Put it this way, the pay difference between a top NRL player and an also-ran fringe player is so vast that there's no lack of incentive to, ah, 'leave no stone unturned'.

Makes me wonder how any more Xerri's, Gallens, Robbie ODavis and Rodney Howes are running around these days. Put it this way, the pay difference between a top NRL player and an also-ran fringe player is so vast that there's no lack of incentive to, ah, 'leave no stone unturned'.
Bound to be more , probably a lot more , all rolling the dice for lots of $$$$$ along the way.

Boy i bet there are many underworld figures shaking in their boots, esp after the blackest day in Aus. Sport..

I read an article online where the gummies CEO said the test was taken some 3(?) weeks after he had surgery; so, a question for those with more medical knowledge than me, is it possible that the drugs were given to him in his recovery or are they just not used in that sense?

and now it comes out on Foxsports that it was a whistleblower at the sharkies. I think Drugcastle's reign is truly over as the biggest cheats in this area.

Move them on please and take their 2016 premiership off them on the way out!

I read an article online where the gummies CEO said the test was taken some 3(?) weeks after he had surgery; so, a question for those with more medical knowledge than me, is it possible that the drugs were given to him in his recovery or are they just not used in that sense?
From what I understand the testing detects metabolites created in the body from the drugs taken, not an actual drug. These stay in a person for a relatively short period if taken orally but months and months if injected form is taken. If he was taking the drug orally it must have been within a day or 2 of the test.
Some steroids are certainly used for surgery recovery but I don't know which. The levels of the metabolites detected is apparently proof he was taking a banned substance regardless of why he took it.

Must be someone here with real knowledge of this stuff as we have someone knowledgeable for just about every topic.

Injury recovery could well be a factor in why he took them (anabolic steroids do have an effect on muscle repair as well as growth), but AFAIK the only real reason testosterone is medically prescribed is for hormone therapy (for growth disorders, sex changes, or if a male isn’t producing it naturally - Adam McDougall’s excuse, although that didn’t explain why his levels were through the roof and so were several of his teammates’. The aim in that instance is to get the testosterone levels back to a normal level, not multiple times normal levels).

The main medical steroids are not anabolics - they’re corticosteroids. Used for asthma, arthritis etc - for anti-inflammatory rather than growth effects. I’ve been given that type of steroid once, when a bad dose of tonsillitis landed me in the ED and they wanted to get the swelling in my throat down fast. Although Lance Armstrong did find a use for those ones too, before he settled on EPO.

Besides that, although the bottom line is that it’s the athlete’s responsibility to make sure he/she doesn’t take a banned substance, any surgeon operating on professional athletes would have at least a rough idea what types of meds not to give them post-op. Blind Freddy’s grandma knows anabolic steroids are a no-go.

Last edited:

Sharks young gun Bronson Xerri was specifically targeted by ASADA after an anonymous tip suggested the rookie had been using performance enhancing substances for years.

Fox Sports has learned question marks about Xerri’s alleged use of performance enhancing supplements was an open secret in the Cronulla junior system.

Xerri, 19, played his junior football for the Aquinas Colts where he was a star and often played an age group or two above his age.

Aquinas is a renowned breeding ground for future Sharks NRL players.

One of the junior teams Xerri featured in at Aquinas won ten consecutive premierships in the Shire and also featured Sharks rising stars Blayke Brailey and new Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan.

The latest drug scandal to rock Cronulla on the eve of the re-launch of the 2020 competition comes six years after the infamous peptides scandal.

“The briefing I’ve had from the NRL integrity unit clearly indicates this is a matter of an individual and not a club matter – so we have no other concerns at this present point in time,’ Mezzatesta said.

“I’ve spoken to Peter V’landys, we’re in constant contact, we know it’s a matter of an individual – at this point in time, we certainly know it’s not a club issue. - lololololbulllololol

“We’re more than happy to work with the NRL moving forward.

Sharks young gun Bronson Xerri was specifically targeted by ASADA after an anonymous tip suggested the rookie had been using performance enhancing substances for years.

Fox Sports has learned question marks about Xerri’s alleged use of performance enhancing supplements was an open secret in the Cronulla junior system.

Xerri, 19, played his junior football for the Aquinas Colts where he was a star and often played an age group or two above his age.

Aquinas is a renowned breeding ground for future Sharks NRL players.

One of the junior teams Xerri featured in at Aquinas won ten consecutive premierships in the Shire and also featured Sharks rising stars Blayke Brailey and new Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan.

The latest drug scandal to rock Cronulla on the eve of the re-launch of the 2020 competition comes six years after the infamous peptides scandal.

“The briefing I’ve had from the NRL integrity unit clearly indicates this is a matter of an individual and not a club matter – so we have no other concerns at this present point in time,’ Mezzatesta said.

“I’ve spoken to Peter V’landys, we’re in constant contact, we know it’s a matter of an individual – at this point in time, we certainly know it’s not a club issue. - lololololbulllololol

“We’re more than happy to work with the NRL moving forward.

Wow...just wow.

Maybe the widespread issue of school kids taking steroids to bulk up, then taper off the roids before joining a nrl club so they can be clean for their contract / testing will be dealt with.

Apparently B sample is taken at the same time in November so young Xerri is royally screwed

Yep. The ‘B sample’ isn’t a separate sample as such, it’s more an anti-tampering measure, or a backup if additional testing is needed. They split the one cup ‘o pee into two specimen jars, basically. If your A sample is dirty your B sample will be too.

and now it comes out on Foxsports that it was a whistleblower at the sharkies. I think Drugcastle's reign is truly over as the biggest cheats in this area.

Move them on please and take their 2016 premiership off them on the way out!

But hang on we all know that in 2016 everything was perfect , we know because Greenslime told us!’

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6