Croker Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep. At just 22 and facing an uncertain future. Will his body hold up? Does he have another career to fall back on?
I do think he has the ability to be a regular first grader. He certainly has the courage to succeed.
Here's hoping you show us this season you've got what it takes. Go Froggy!

Kid will be back up at best ide say.. Seems like a good dude, but 3 knee and atleast 1 shoulder reco before the age of 22 pretty much sums up the kinda career he's gonna have. Unless he puts a full season together this year, I can't see any club lining up to sign him

I never rated this guy . He is in the development squad where he belongs . Good luck to him I hope he proves me wrong
Bozo he was an up and coming star and apart from his bad knees in my opinion could have locked down a permanent first grade start at any club . I watched him closely last season and the game we hammered parra showed me enough that he could play and that was very early rounds. Has the ammunition but will he get through the war ?

Croker has hooker written all over him. If he has a career in the NRL I’d be surprised if it wasn’t wearing 9.
Have to agree with this... great little defender, and looks to have a real good motor as well... definitely worth a look at nine off the bench.

Bozo he was an up and coming star and apart from his bad knees in my opinion could have locked down a permanent first grade start at any club . I watched him closely last season and the game we hammered parra showed me enough that he could play and that was very early rounds. Has the ammunition but will he get through the war ?
Many up and coming starts fail to shine . Nothing surprising here .
I honestly saw no NRL quality in this player . I am with Des . He needs development . Not up to NRL standard . He may come good and I hope for his sake he proves me wrong.
I never lived on the Northern beaches but I followed Manly because Arko was the best administrator by a country mile and Manly was a team of great players and because of this I am not used to mediocre players. Mediocre players give you mediocre results .

Last edited:
I honestly saw no NRL quality in this player . I am with Des . He needs development . Not up to NRL standard . He may come good and I hope for his sake he proves me wrong.
I never lived in the Northern beaches but I followed Manly because Arko was the best administrator by a country mile and Manly was a team of great players and because of this I am not used to mediocre players. Mediocre players give you mediocre results .
Bozo you passion for the Eagles has not unnoticed by important people at the club

Bozo you passion for the Eagles has not unnoticed by important people at the club

All of us that live on the Silvertails forum live for our beloved club The Manly Sea eagles .
True Manly people are one for all and all for one and should always stick together as that is what makes and keeps our club great .
By sticking together we will always turn what ever adversity comes our way into endless opportunities . The club will never die as long as we stick together !!!
I am glad that Mr Penn was not a quitter like Trent Barrett who decided to take his money and run under adversity .
Just reinforcing the value of Mr Penn to our great club .
True Manly people that love our club stick around in the good times and the bad .
As they say we all know who our real freinds are .
236106b1ae87eb2a5a107536bcc74e2d--new-friendship-quotes-friendship-messages.jpg

Last edited:
Tough little bugger but short of first grade standard in my opinion. No real kicking game and lacks confidence to drive a team around the park.And we don’t need another hooker who cant kick. Fainu is the only one of the three ( if they played Croker there ) who kicks with confidence .

But you can’t knock his desire.

Last edited:
I never lived on the Northern beaches but I followed Manly because Arko was the best administrator by a country mile and Manly was a team of great players and because of this I am not used to mediocre players. Mediocre players give you mediocre results .
We have had mediocre players in the past that have been turned into stars , or very good players .

This development player v top thirty argument re Croker is neglecting the fact that development contracts are 20 or 30k less than minimum top 30 contracts so I don’t think this is all part of some master strategy from Des.

Bottom line is Croker has had to take a pay cut to be on a development contact for a start,would be taking up a valuable 100k cap space if in the top 30 and must have been looking elsewhere for a 100k minimum top 30 salary.

Yes he’s there because he can provide a bit of cover in a key position post June 30 and he’s probably as good as some other alternative development options but also because he’s not regarded as being worth the 100k of actual cap HWCC was paying him. And it also means no other club wanted him on a top 30 minimum wage.

He’s definitely a tenacious young guy but his current position probably reflects where his career is right at this moment.

Last edited:
This development player v top thirty argument re Croker is neglecting the fact that development contracts are 20 or 30k less than minimum top 30 contracts so I don’t think this is all part of some master strategy from Des.

Players 27-30 $72k minimum
Devel players $62k minimum.

I can't find it said anywhere that a devel contract must be less than all the Top 30 players contracts.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6