Crocker (chicken) $hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Storm expect Manly revenge mission

February 01, 2008

MELBOURNE skipper Cameron Smith expects Manly to come out with all guns blazing when the two teams meet in a grand final rematch in their NRL trial in a fortnight's time.

The champions will only play one trial in Australia, then head to England where they will warm up against Halifax before their World Club Challenge clash with English titleholders Leeds on February 29.

They will then open their NRL campaign against New Zealand Warriors in a Monday night game on March 17.

With a 21-man squad departing for the UK three days later, Coach Craig Bellamy intends naming a full-strength side to take on Manly on February 15, with the exception of injured Greg Inglis (shoulder), Michael Crocker (shoulder) and former Newcastle frontrower Danny Vaughan (knee).

Prop Antonio Kaufusi is set to make a return from a knee reconstruction after he damaged it during the Origin series nine months ago.

Melbourne thrashed the Sea Eagles 34-8 in last year's grand final and Smith expects their opponents to seek some revenge during the Gosford match.

"Manly will want to come out and really bash us in that first game but we're going to approach it like any other game, hopefuly we can get the same score line as the grand final,'' Smith said.

"We did it to Brisbane last year, that's why we know how Manly's going to approach the game, they're going to want some revenge and hopefully we'll be ready for that.''

In their 2007 pre-season match, Melbourne took out their frustration after losing the 2006 grand final to Brisbane, crushing the visitors in a 46-0 romp.

Smith nominated exciting young centre Will Chambers, who has made six first-grade appearances, as a player to watch.

The 19-year-old is the frontrunner to fill the boots left by the departure of Matt King to play in England.

"There's been a lot of talk since Matt King left that he's going to be hard to replace, he will be but we've got a young bloke there, Will Chambers, who's trained really well in the pre-season and is one of the fittest blokes in the club and doing really well,'' Smith said.

"I think we're in great shape.''

Melbourne are well aware they will again be the benchmark side.

"We finished second (in 2006) but we were probably the most hunted team,'' Smith said.

"Everyone is aware of our strengths and what they need to do to play well against us.

"It's going to intensify this season and be even harder for us but I'm confident the boys are capable of going back-to-back, it's just whether they want to to put in the hard work.''

AAP

You guys are ****ing kidding yourselves, Crocker has shown time and time again that he is more than happy to stand up and be counted.

If you are going to call anyone soft cocks, make it the entire Manly team who did NOTHING in response to a hard, but fair, tackle on Brett Stewart in the GF.

Crocker is not soft but as far as his tackle being fair, that is very open to debate Clon.  Any contact with the head I thought was illegal, falling or not.

I agree with the fact he is not soft and Manly were soft for standing around doing fark all but I am not convinced the tackle was exactly fair.

The tackle was fair, maybe deserved a penalty at best. We weren't good enough and they were the better team. Nothing more, nothing less

The result (no penalty or report/suspension) pretty much speaks for itself.

The tackle was fair and to suggest Crocker has pulled out because he is scared is laughable.

I agree that saying Crocker is scared is laughable.  However saying he was not suspended or penalised proves it was not illegal is also laughable, are you saying the judiciary and refs always get things right?

I was not one screaming for Crocker to be sent off, I just think back to other incidents where people have been hit in the head whilst falling and remember suspensions being dished out.

I think it being a trial speaks for itself, Crocker does put his body on the line and has been suspect to injury for the last few years so my guess is they are saving him so he will be playing in the game against leeds rather than us

clontaago link said:
You guys are F**king kidding yourselves, Crocker has shown time and time again that he is more than happy to stand up and be counted.

If you are going to call anyone soft cocks, make it the entire Manly team who did NOTHING in response to a hard, but fair, tackle on Brett Stewart in the GF.

The result (no penalty or report/suspension) pretty much speaks for itself.

The tackle was fair and to suggest Crocker has pulled out because he is scared is laughable.

Such a supportive response for a thug that bashed one of our own.

But I can see why youve gone off half cocked. The thread title was meant to be a play on words similar to "crock of ****" in relation to the fact that we miss out on giving him a hammering in the trial. Nowhere did i say he was a soft cock or that he pulled out because he was scared.

Please. The thread title calls him a chicken ****, you could have just said Crocker ****, which would have been a suitable play on words.
The response was warranted.

And rugby League players bash each other every game, if your mum had of signed the permission slip maybe you would have experienced this.

clontaago link said:
Please. The thread title calls him a chicken S**t, you could have just said Crocker S**t, which would have been a suitable play on words.
The response was warranted.

And rugby League players bash each other every game, if your mum had of signed the permission slip maybe you would have experienced this.

Ive explained the intention, but you misenterpreted and now seem to want to hold course with your own version to justify your response. No problems.

I see by your childish insult, having someone challenge your post brings out the dickhead in you though. Nice one.

Wow February and the hand bags are out already

Still a pity Crocker isn't playing.  It would be great to know in the trials if our boys have grown any balls over the summer. 

Matabele link said:
Still a pity Crocker isn't playing.  It would be great to know in the trials if our boys have grown any balls over the summer. 

There are plenty of other storm players who deserve a belting.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4