Corporate culture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2011/07/12/Murdoch_scrambles_into_damage_control_636699.html

Is there anyone left that doubts that News is founded on a philosophy of 'anything goes'? Stuff obeying the law (& salary cap etc) and we won't even pretend to adhere to common decency, let alone such lofty ideals as respect, honour.

How is this organisation playing an integral role in setting the cultural values of rugby league? So where is our IC?

Maybe the govt needs to step in if it doesn't materialise soon.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2011/07/12/Murdoch_scrambles_into_damage_control_636699.html

Is there anyone left that doubts that News is founded on a philosophy of 'anything goes'? Stuff obeying the law (& salary cap etc) and we won't even pretend to adhere to common decency, let alone such lofty ideals as respect, honour.

How is this organisation playing an integral role in setting the cultural values of rugby league? So where is our IC?

Maybe the govt needs to step in if it doesn't materialise soon.

Pity the NRL didn't tap Brian Waldron's phone and the other Melbourne powerbrokers and players a few years back! We'd have another premiership.

The one that would hit them the hardest is -
"Murdoch got more bad news on Monday when Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt, who had given preliminary approval to the BSkyB bid, announced plans to ask the communications regulator, OFCOM, whether News Corp. is 'fit and proper' to hold a broadcasting licence."

News Corp is the "world's second-largest media conglomerate" (according to Wikipedia) and it must hurt to have the UK government asking if they are a fit and proper owner of a tv network.

Last nights Mediawatch was about the NOTW scandal, and was quite interesting.

Yeah because the government doesnt have better things to do than worry about a game...

Timely that a key proponent of Super League, Mal Meninga, is showing his moral fibre again.

After gaining pretty well every honour and award the game has to offer, plus an Order of Australia, money to envy, and a marketable name that set him up for life, he bitterly complained "I played the game for 16 years and what have I got out of it? Nothing"

Then there was Mal the politician for a record 28 seconds.

Now there's rats and filth Mal. That's the type of person that Super League was built on.

And so, on the backs of the likes of Meninga, the game remains a prisoner to Murdoch.

let's not forget his cowardice attack on Mick O'connor when "snozz" was playing for us!Never forgiven the filthy grub for that.said sorry,and was let off!!Bloody grub,that's all meninga is!!

ayjay007 said:
let's not forget his cowardice attack on Mick O'connor when "snozz" was playing for us!Never forgiven the filthy grub for that.said sorry,and was let off!!Bloody grub,that's all meninga is!!

don't remember this. fill me in.

what I do remember is tooves stopping him head on, then driving him back about 10 metres and drilling him into the ground :)

the notw thing is going off bigtime over here in pomland. all the weasly pollies are coming out and saying how frightened they were (are?) of murdoch, and how the gummit (whatever one it is) doesn't take a **** without asking his permission.

as if we didn't know....

Good question. Nothing atm. However, from the point of view of what is being raised in UK …
namely:
Quote " … Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt … announced plans to ask the communications regulator, OFCOM, whether News Corp. is 'fit and proper' to hold a broadcasting licence."
… just to me raised the question whether in a country where major sport is central to our culture, it is fit & proper to be co-owner of one of most important sporting bodies.

News – limited
Morals – non-existent

NOTW has shown just how low 'journalism' can sink. Details of the hacking of victim-of-crime phones has to be one of the lowest acts I can remember. Storm rorting the cap systematically and with such intent over a long period shows the same disdain for common ethics. The link between the two - News Ltd. Say no more.

I know a someone who played a couple of first grade games for Canberra back then - he reckons Meninga ignored any young players -wouldn't even reply if they spoke directly to him.
How egocentric is his attack on NSWRL comming from a figurehead coach whose only skill was that he was big enough to run over the top of players. If he doesnt understand what rugby league has done for him then no wonder they dont let him talk to the players at half time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8